Joy to the weed! Marijuana legalization comes bearing gifts

DKW 86

Opinions on Marijuana Legalization  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Multiple Choice, Private Voting. In general, many details we will discuss, but in general:

• I believe Marijuana is a gateway Drug and should stay illegal.Laws stay as they are Nationwide.
    • I believe Marijuana has resulted in too many worthless incarcerations and should be De-Criminalized.
    • I believe Marijuana testing is keeping otherwise competent people from good jobs and should be removed from drug testing.
    • I believe Marijuana has Medicinal Purposes and should be legalized for that alone.
    • I believe that Marijuana should be legalized for Medicinal & Recreational Uses.
    • If Marijauna is Legalized, I would still never use it.
    • If Marijuana is legalized I might partake of it.
    • If Marijuana is legalized, I am definitely going to use it as long as it doesnt interfere with my career.
    • If marijuana becomes legalized, i could possibly see myself farming or selling it.

Hmmmmm...  

http://www.newsweek.com/sessions-suggests-doj-preparing-federal-crackdown-recreational-marijuana-728003 

SESSIONS SUGGESTS DOJ PREPARING FOR FEDERAL CRACKDOWN ON RECREATIONAL MARIJUANA

http://www.newsweek.com/will-jeff-sessions-medical-marijuana-718676http://www.newsweek.com/will-jeff-sessions-medical-marijuana-718676

HOW JEFF SESSIONS PLANS TO END MEDICAL MARIJUANA BEFORE THE YEAR IS OVER

Not legalizing it for medical purposes should be considered a sin. But one of your options about causing good employees to be excluded from hire or fired.... that goes both ways in my experience. Career dopers who can’t put their needs to earn a living and raise a family ahead of getting a buzz are not exactly showing the maturity and responsibility I want on my team. Many are permanently demotivated and have a high rate of failing drug testing do to industrial injuries and accidents. 

As far as incarcerations... these numbers are extremely overblown. If they are serving any serious time it’s due to something more than smoking weed. 

But all in all I would favor legalizing it just to get full freedom in medical uses. It would cut down a lot of petty arrests but incarceration would not change much or increase due to rogue dealers moving on to hard drugs. And REVENUES probably a huge win. 

The only real negative I see is industrial accidents and reduced productivity. Just have to find a different way to id the lackies. 

I have done a few hits in my youth. Never liked it. Couple of drags and I’m looking for a soft place to fall. I would consider using it as a sleep aid if legalized. When I used Ambien I felt hungover for most of the next day. I would be hard to convince weed is more detrimental to your body than Ambien or any other narcotic. 

15 minutes ago, alexava said:

Not legalizing it for medical purposes should be considered a sin. But one of your options about causing good employees to be excluded from hire or fired.... that goes both ways in my experience. Career dopers who can’t put their needs to earn a living and raise a family ahead of getting a buzz are not exactly showing the maturity and responsibility I want on my team. Many are permanently demotivated and have a high rate of failing drug testing do to industrial injuries and accidents. 

As far as incarcerations... these numbers are extremely overblown. If they are serving any serious time it’s due to something more than smoking weed. 

But all in all I would favor legalizing it just to get full freedom in medical uses. It would cut down a lot of petty arrests but incarceration would not change much or increase due to rogue dealers moving on to hard drugs. And REVENUES probably a huge win. 

The only real negative I see is industrial accidents and reduced productivity. Just have to find a different way to id the lackies. 

Legalization wouldn't affect the ability of employers to screen users for drug use.  (See alcohol).

The only problem with testing for cannibis is you can't determine whether or not a person is stoned at the time of testing because the metabolites are so long-lived.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Legalization wouldn't affect the ability of employers to screen users for drug use.  (See alcohol).

The only problem with testing for cannibis is you can't determine whether or not a person is stoned at the time of testing because the metabolites are so long-lived.

I realize that but I don’t think it always matters. I’m sure being high at work would be very dangerous. But the folks who get high regularly still are more accident prone even when not high. 

I am mainly referring to industrial jobs where serious injuries and deaths are possible every day. Office workers are tested less and less each year. 

We had a wonderful job applicant selected and were all overjoyed with his skill set and his personality. He bombed the piss test. He worked on the arsenal and was looking for a better paying job. He had avoided getting in trouble for years. If he can function there with a recreational weed habit, we should have been able to hire him too. 

This is just one of those topics that I think America will come around to very soon. The incarceration numbers alone are jacked up.

Archived