Hoops and Helmets

Tigerdog

:DHoops And Helmets

This reflects the last football year and the current bball season.

I would like to know consistently YIYO the teams with the best programs.

I say Michigan, Florida, UCLA, ND, UConn, Texas, and UNC are the ones that come to mind.

Any others?

For the Lazies:

1. Utah

2. Louisville

3. Oklahoma

4. Texas

5. Connecticut

6. Boston College

7. Wisconsin

8. Iowa

9. LSU

10. Oklahoma State

11. Texas Tech

12. Pittsburgh

13. North Carolina

14. Florida

15. West Virginia

16. UTEP

On the Bubble: Georgia Tech, Minnesota, Ohio State, Southern Illinois, Miami, New Mexico, Arizona State, Texas A&M, Iowa State, Miami (OH), UCLA, Cincinnati, Syracuse and Alabama

Let's throw baseball in the mix... :D

Guest Tigrinum Major
I would like to know consistently YIYO the teams with the best programs.

I say Michigan, Florida, UCLA, ND, UConn, Texas, and UNC are the ones that come to mind.

Your list was for the best combinations of football and basketball teams? I wouldn't agree with that list at all. UCONN is barely a D1-A school in football (yes, I know they have been better in recent years.)

I think the best one-two punches are Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Michigan, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Michigan State, LSU, and Arkansas. JMHO. Feel free to disagree.

When Auburn was good in basketball recently one of the years (can't remember which), Auburn and Michigan State were the only two schools that sold out their tickets to every b-ball and football game.

BTW, on a side note, how did LSU not win the NC with Chris Jackson, Shaq, and Stanley Roberts on the same team. That Bass (SEC Player of the Year) picture reminded me of that.

BTW, on a side note, how did LSU not win the NC with Chris Jackson, Shaq, and Stanley Roberts on the same team. That Bass (SEC Player of the Year) picture reminded me of that.

151035[/snapback]

The same way the Fab Five at Michigan never won one, nor did Phi Slamma Jamma at Houston, and for the same reason that I don't believe that UNC will win it this year. For whatever reason, the best collections of pure talent never seem to win.

Archived