Baseball vs uat Game 1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things to like about tonight besides the huge curb stomping bammer beat-down.......Estes,Jarvis and Venter look like they have worked out of their slump. If Anthony can straighten himself out again things might get back to early season success at the plate. The defense was a lot sharper tonight too.

I know I’m being A bit sensitive but the announcers there at the end throwing  Bama a bone about feeling good about hitting Muze. Really? How could anyone that is a Bama fan find anything positive about that game? Anyway....War Eagle! Softball and baseball game through big today!!

Just now, BJCrawford said:

I know I’m being A bit sensitive but the announcers there at the end throwing  Bama a bone about feeling good about hitting Muze. Really? How could anyone that is a Bama fan find anything positive about that game? Anyway....War Eagle! Softball and baseball game through big today!!

You know they have to give bammer some love no matter what happens in the game. Kinda pathetic really.

2 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Of course, baseball being the quirky game it is, I would not be surprised if Auburn doesn't score more than 5 over the next two games.

As long as they win I'd be ok with that. 

24 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Of course, baseball being the quirky game it is, I would not be surprised if Auburn doesn't score more than 5 over the next two games.

Hoping we don't wish we had 4 or 5 of these runs tomorrow.   Great win though.

Missed the game tonight, but good to see the bats really come alive.  Gotta back it up tomorrow with another strong one.

Win today and get the series - beating the snot out of Bama most of the time in most sports is becoming an auburn habit. There's the one game basketball collapse and er gymnastics, but this stuff makes them go absolutely crazy. Traditionally things like wacky anti-auburn al.com articles start coming out and bama cherry pick their most classless players to belittle our wins and having lived through this before, it also puts them into overdrive complaining to the ncaa and Pete thalmel under the table hacks. 

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

Hoping we don't wish we had 4 or 5 of these runs tomorrow.   Great win though.

that's true. Its an old baseball myth, but it seems to me to hold water more than not. Score a ton o runs in one game and next game the bats go silent.

Don't know if UA threw their best pitcher last night. ANyone know? Maybe they didn't want to match him with Mize.

What pitcher for them is pitching today? That may determine if we can win the series.

17 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

that's true. Its an old baseball myth, but it seems to me to hold water more than not. Score a ton o runs in one game and next game the bats go silent.

Don't know if UA threw their best pitcher last night. ANyone know? Maybe they didn't want to match him with Mize.

What pitcher for them is pitching today? That may determine if we can win the series.

Looking at their stats....they don't seem to have a best pitcher....but Finnity has apparently been the Friday starter...and it seems to get worse from there...no reason for our bats not to be OK today.....except that's what can happen in baseball. 

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Doubleheader today FYI

Softball or baseball...or both?

...had heard Softball was a DH at AU......but at bama this is their A day game for football too.  

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

...had heard Softball was a DH at AU......but at bama this is their A day game for football too.  

Baseball DH at 5 and after. Two 9 inning games

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Baseball.  Game 1 is on the SEC Network.

I'm not the biggest softball fan.  Respect the talent involved, but until the powers that be fix the dimensions of the field, I can't get too into it.  Baselines need to be extended 10-15 feet because the athletes today are way too fast for 60 foot lines.  It's not fair that a pitcher gets a routine ground ball to short stop and the infielder has to rush to make a play because the lines are so short.

24 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Baseball.  Game 1 is on the SEC Network.

I'm not the biggest softball fan.  Respect the talent involved, but until the powers that be fix the dimensions of the field, I can't get too into it.  Baselines need to be extended 10-15 feet because the athletes today are way too fast for 60 foot lines.  It's not fair that a pitcher gets a routine ground ball to short stop and the infielder has to rush to make a play because the lines are so short.

But the throw is proportionally shorter also.   JMO but the field dimensions are pretty well set for the folks playing the game and the equipment they use.   One difference I notice is that unless the softball is really hit on the sweet spot it does not have move speed off the bat even on the reduced dimensions, it does not get to the infielder very quickly which allows more infield hits.   I agree that a change is needed to push the outfield walls back...maybe another 10 or 15 feet perhaps.   Softball field are uniform everywhere which is probably not a bad idea however.   It's a different game and not intended to be a female version of baseball....that's my view at least.  

47 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Baseball DH at 5 and after. Two 9 inning games

Gonna be a long night for some folks considering that most 9 inning SEC games take upwards of 3 hours....each.   The second game has a good chance of ending on Sunday morning. 

Archived