CFN 2005 Preview

Jenny AU-92

Alabama is much improved, but the Iron Bowl is at Auburn. In other words, if Auburn beats LSU, it should be the SEC West champ

Would it matter if it was in Tuscaloser? :lol:

I love the fact that , even after a 13-0 season, Auburn STILL gets NO respect.

It is much more fun to make folks EAT CROW ! ! ! :au:

War Eagle...O N E at a time. :au:

Key player to a successful season: QB Brandon Cox. Cox has the line to protect him and the the receiving corps to put up big numbers. If he doesn't turn the ball over and doesn't make a ton of rookie starter mistakes, the offense will be fine. He's the difference between an SEC West title and, possibly, a third place finish.

I agree with that completely. He has the line and he has the receivers to be successful. If our (passing) offense isn't so successful this year, I don't think we'll be searching very far for the reason why. He is quite green afterall.

And with the first game being GT and their supposedly "killer" defense, that kinda makes me nervous...but if McClover can plant Reggie Ball head first into the turf a few times (12 should do it), I'd be very happy. :)

Just my opinion, but, I do not think the defending SEC Champions should "worry" too much about an acc "also ran". :D

Two comments:

...Either new QB Brandon Cox is a star, or this will just be a good, 8-3-type season.

The receiving corps won't get nearly enough pub with Courtney Taylor, Ben Obomanu, Anthony Mix and Devin Aromashadu (not to mention the great tight ends) forming the SEC's best corps outside of Tennessee.

1) Love how he suggests 8-3 as the worst to expect, if Brandon doesn't come around. I've seen many of our opponents suggest that 8-3 is the BEST we can expect, even if Brandon turns into a superstar. I'm looking forward to embarrassing a few folks!

2) How long was the "Bama vs Auburn receivers" thread a while back? Guess we know where this writer comes down on the issue.

2) How long was the "Bama vs Auburn receivers" thread a while back?  Guess we know where this writer comes down on the issue.

155205[/snapback]

I think uat has some talented receivers, not near as good as Auburn's though. You just haven't really heard much about uat's because they haven't had a qb that can get them the ball as well as Auburn's has.

How did you get this before it was posted on the CFN website I have been waiting on it to come out but i couldnt find it and now that you have a link to it I went back to the CFN website and still couldnt find it where was it located?

Well, like she said, she changed the year in the url. They still have to make their predictions though...which they won't do until like July or something.

Ahhh thanks i guess if i read it i see now thanks for showing me the light maybe from now on i should read it and figure it out but thank you anyway

Its actually not a bad prediction....8-3 is about what I expected from analysts after losing: Campbell, Ronnie, Caddy, Carlos....round 1 draft picks....

We wont have that same energy that we had last year with an all senior backfield....but I am comfortable with our schedule this year, and we should go to the SEC Title game or Tie for 1st in the division.....

Best Offensive Player: Senior OT Marcus McNeill. Probably the nation's best offensive lineman, McNeill is a top 15 pick in the 2006 draft and likely would've gone in the first round this year. He and Troy Reddick form a devastating pair of tackles.

If he could go in the first round this year, he wouldn't still be at Auburn in my opinion. I thought that is why he stayed because the "experts" said he wouldn't be in the first round.

CFN had the projected starters messed up. Groves will start at one end but listed gun instead. On OL they had the center position all wrong. They didn't mention Steven Ross or J. Palmer.

BTW, How did anyone find this unpublished CFN 2005 preview of Auburn this early?

BTW, How did anyone find this unpublished CFN 2005 preview of Auburn this early?

155252[/snapback]

LOL...I give up! Jenny is just a hacker, she has great skills. I'm sure she has tons of boyfriends (Vote for Pedro!).

Dude, read the thread. :P

Key player to a successful season: QB Brandon Cox. Cox has the line to protect him and the the receiving corps to put up big numbers. If he doesn't turn the ball over and doesn't make a ton of rookie starter mistakes, the offense will be fine. He's the difference between an SEC West title and, possibly, a third place finish.

I agree with that completely. He has the line and he has the receivers to be successful. If our (passing) offense isn't so successful this year, I don't think we'll be searching very far for the reason why. He is quite green afterall.

And with the first game being GT and their supposedly "killer" defense, that kinda makes me nervous...but if McClover can plant Reggie Ball head first into the turf a few times (12 should do it), I'd be very happy. :)

155164[/snapback]

Well I know they talked about him looking for a 15 season, so he'll have 80% of his sacks in the first game.. Good enough!!! :)

CFN had the projected starters messed up.  Groves will start at one end but listed gun instead.  On OL they had the center position all wrong.  They didn't mention Steven Ross or J. Palmer. 

155252[/snapback]

Guys, I saw this thing a week or two ago...so it's been floating around for a while. :au::homer:

OK,  I see.  It must mean they are about to have Auburn's review because you can't do this with the other SEC teams.

155266[/snapback]

I have actually read almost all of the SEC's. If changing the year doesn't work, try pulling up Auburn's and changing the team in the URL. I tried to read some other teams though, namely some Big 10 teams (I have friends that are fans), but they are not up yet.

Hey i tried changing the year and or name but i couldnt get Ohio State's to come up if you have already read it and can get back to it will you post it for me I have a friend at work here who wants to read it. Thanks

Archived