Softball vs. Arizona

Chance to really take control of this regional by beating Arizona.  A win advances Auburn to the regional final.  A loss would mean playing later tonight.    Ashlee Swindle (as most would expect) is out for the rest of the weekend.  She is at the hotel resting after being hit in the head with a line drive yesterday.

Lineup today:

McCrackin
Rivera
Tannon Snow
Veach
Perry
Fornis
Maresette
Dowell
Podany

Lexie Handley

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCrackin works the count and singles to left to lead off the game.   Rivera coming up

Rivera grounds to short and its a double play.  2 outs.  Tannon Snow coming up

Arizona gets a base runner off a walk but nothing else.   no score after 1.  Veach, Perry and Fornis due up in the 2nd.

Good job in B1 by Lexie.  Facing four of the best hitters in the country, she had two infield ground balls a fly ball to LF and a walk.  

I still don't understand the CMD love for Fornis.  (With our history probably not a good choice of words). I don't see why Greenwood isn't starting. 

2 outs and Fornis hits one to the gap in left center and slides in safely at 2nd.  Maresette up

Arizona gets a couple of base runners but Auburn gets out of it.   Scoreless after 2.   Dowell, Podany and McCrackin due up in the 3rd

Dean just got a warning from the home plate umpire.  Since we had nobody on base, etc, I'm guessing he was complaining about something their pitcher is doing, likely eluding to it being an illegal pitch. 

Podany walks with 1 out.  Back to the top of the order with McCrackin coming up.

Coach Candrea is one of the premier slapping instructors in the game.  I attended one of his clinics when he was an assistant at Arizona.  I learned a lot during that day.  Watch his girls slapping and bunting from the left side.  They are almost flawless in their technique.  

McCrackin chops one up the middle and it gets through into center for a base hit.  Auburn with runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.  Rivera up.

Rivera singles to right.  Auburn has the bases loaded with 1 out.  Tannon Snow coming up.

crap.  Veach pops it up behind home plate and it stays in play to end the top 3rd.  Tigers miss a golden opportunity there and leave them loaded.

Handley issues a 4 pitch walk to lead off the bottom 3rd.  We don't need to give them free base runners.

grounder up the middle.  backhanded stop by McCrackin, toss to Dowell for 1 to Perry for two and completes the double play.   2 outs.

couple of walks, but double play erased one of them, grounder to 3rd ends the inning.   No score after 3.   Perry, Fornis and Maresette coming up

Archived