Baseball vs Louisville CWS

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I despise espn. They are never neutral about Auburn.....always getting in their little digs.

Sorry, I don't understand the problem. Louisville has been a top 10-15 team, and we were no where near the top 25. 

We are the underdog...no problem there...we just need to beat the odds...

Holland, to me, needs another year in college. I'm not saying he should come back since he was drafted in the fifth round, but I'm not sure what the Twins saw. I guess defensive range is hard to find in the big leagues, but Will has been unclutch and timid at the plate this season. You can't be looking for a walk in that scenario. We need runs. 

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

Sorry, I don't understand the problem. Louisville has been a top 10-15 team, and we were no where near the top 25. 

I don't have a link for this, but in the NC super regional, Auburn had a "21" beside its name. Not sure what polls are still going, but the Tigers, after beating GT and NC twice, are in the Top 25. 

Great inning by Fitts. 3 up, 3 down and the Tigers are back in the dugout. Ryan Bliss makes a great play to end the inning making up a little for yesterday. 

Gotta relax, focus, and swing. 

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

I don't have a link for this, but in the NC super regional, Auburn had a "21" beside its name. Not sure what polls are still going, but the Tigers, after beating GT and NC twice, are in the Top 25. 

I can understand that.. we got hot late.. the best time. But we still would be an underdog to Louisville. That is my main point. So i don't think ESPN is slighting us as much as some say here..JMO...and the poor fielding we have shown in the last inning of the MSU game and this Louisville game is showing our weaknesses....

Holland has to get his bat off his shoulder with 2 strikes. Got to swing at that ball in that situation with that opportunity.

15 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Judd, we gotts have you today buddy. He strikes out to open it up for our bats. 

He's having a very rough time in the playoffs(GT & MSU). At least 4 games where he has gone o'fer is not what you want from your leadoff...

And 2 quick outs. Does it seem like we always go 2 quick outs then decide to hit the ball?!?  At least as of late...

Where did UL get all these pitchers who hit the mid 90s and better.?         Certainly have a #1 seed pitching staff.

5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Actually it's pretty obvious. espn has bammer grads in key positions. Also back in the Tuberville era there were some hard feelings that never went away. When the Cam Newton story exploded espn was one of the primary false rumor spreaders, and they never apologized after the NCAA cleared Cam. . Also they humiliated Cam during his Heisman ceremony to the point that some of the former winners were outraged and said so publicly. 

It's just the small things they say, and how they say them....about Auburn. 

It is a shame we seem to just "lose control" on defense for one inning each game and end up crashing and burning. Pitching has been pretty good but defense has been deplorable occasionally for just one inning. It is a shame it had to happen this time of the season.

• ellitor changed the title to Baseball vs Louisville CWS

Archived