Baseball vs Louisville CWS

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that does it .l...but team gave it a good effort today....much more into the game than yesterday and made UL sweat it out at the end....

THANK YOU AU BASEBALL! 

Woley K’s and this incredible season has come to a close. Incredibly proud of this team. Defied all the odds getting to Omaha. My only wish would have been to have seen Julien get that last AB and a chance for redemption. 

Bringing back most of our lineup next season. With a trip to Omaha under their belts, this 2020 team will be battle tested and ready to go. I can’t wait. 

War Eagle

Good season. Who would have thunk it, really. All the pitching injuries we have and made it this far. I really give props to the pitching staff. They did a great job. Even with the injuries, our weakness was not pitching, but poor hitting. A college baseball team whose leading batter is in the low .290s...usually not gonna make it this far. Need to learn to hit worth a d@&! $ to be honest, but I will take a CWS season anytime.

From the early 15 game streak of W’s to the seemingly never-ending slump the back half of the year to the magical postseason run...that was exhausting and so much fun just as a fan, can’t imagine what the players felt!  Good job dudes, hurt for what could have been for a little bit, but then forget it and look ahead to a lifetime of being recognized on the Plains for a helluva year. 

HalfVariableAmericanbobtail-size_restricted.gif

I'll admit I'm still pissed about how we lost on Sunday but this program is so much better off than we were a few years ago. Even two years ago when we played in Tallahassee we were looking for warm bodies to fill the roster. It's hard not to be excited for the future. We get football goin and we'll really be an "everything" school. 

Now the choice on who to root for. I’m half bulldog, but the other night still leaves a bad taste. After Virginia, I don’t wanna see another champion use us as a stepping stool 😂. Michigan’s a nice little Cinderella team compared to everyone else and it’s Martins last year at FSU so I think I’ll pull for either

The team never quit. That's something to hang your hat on. Never thought we'd make it this far. After thinking over it for a bit, I was happy at the beginning of the CWS to just be at Omaha. After being up going to the 9th on Sunday, i expected to win and was disappointed in it being snatched away. To battle through rain and a delay and still fight is more than I could have hoped for in this game. War Eagle

Do we have a bench or pinch hitters?  Not sure I would have hit JW in bottom of 8th. Hindsight is 20/20 though. 

What a way to cap off the 2018-2019 school year. A great run to the CWS where things just didn't bounce AU's way. Still great to be an Auburn Tiger and I'm very proud of how these guys performed in the postseason.

Archived