Photo ID Required to Vote

Jenny AU-92

Once again, I think it started out as a honest mistake, more or less. You rely on unreliable sources of information. There are a ton of Right Wing websites out there making the same assertion. But the facts are simple. You cite one case in which one person affiliated with one chapter of the NAACP did something. There is no evidence her actions were known or authorized by the larger NAACP, much less the Democratic Party. The story is sensational, but there is no evidence it is illustrative of the Democratic Party as you assert. Once your playing fast and loose with facts was pointed out, you could have been a man of integrity and said, "Yeah, I overstated." But you can't. Because your ego won't let you. You just dig deeper into failing to take any responsibility for your actions whatsoever--- the type of behavior you and other "conservatives" love to put down in others.

It would take a person in a persistant vegitative state to not see that the NAACP is in lock step w/ the Democrat party. There are no 'unreliable ' sources here that I'm relying on, just the facts. If it bothers you so much that I've presented the facts as they are - good.

P.S. If I have to present a photo ID when I vote, ( and I do ), how can anyone else say it's discriminatory? They can't. It's just a tactic by the Left to keep a hold of so much of their ILLEGAL voting block, nothing else.

Once again, I think it started out as a honest mistake, more or less. You rely on unreliable sources of information. There are a ton of Right Wing websites out there making the same assertion. But the facts are simple. You cite one case in which one person affiliated with one chapter of the NAACP did something. There is no evidence her actions were known or authorized by the larger NAACP, much less the Democratic Party. The story is sensational, but there is no evidence it is illustrative of the Democratic Party as you assert. Once your playing fast and loose with facts was pointed out, you could have been a man of integrity and said, "Yeah, I overstated." But you can't. Because your ego won't let you. You just dig deeper into failing to take any responsibility for your actions whatsoever--- the type of behavior you and other "conservatives" love to put down in others.

It would take a person in a persistant vegitative state to not see that the NAACP is in lock step w/ the Democrat party. There are no 'unreliable ' sources here that I'm relying on, just the facts. If it bothers you so much that I've presented the facts as they are - good.

156646[/snapback]

So you would hold the Republican Party responsible for which groups and organizations, if ONE of the members did something wrong?

Jenny, I'm from Georgia, but live in Auburn right now while im going to school. The republicans in the Georgia state house are trying to get the same type of law passed.

In Georgia, they silenced the Dem's efforts to call this a 'poll tax' by offering people below the poverty line free i.d. cards.

Why doesn't Texas put this in the legislation? I don't see it costing the state a whole lot of money... I mean its $10 dollars a person, it cant cost the state that much money. And thats even assuming everybody below the poverty line will show up to get a free i.d. card, which they wont.

I hope it passes in GA, I dont see any negative effects. It only cuts down on voter fraud, and even people too poor to buy an i.d. card, if they care about who is in office, they will go get a free i.d.

You could even go so far as to say it helps this people because they now can get a free i.d. to use for other things.

That's the way to think, Aubie. Yes, it's possible that there are some picky little exceptions to a basically good idea, but the thing to do is add something to take care of those instances, not attack the whole proposal.

If you make the process as easy and unintrusive as possible, and allow fee waivers for people too poor to pay them, and maybe have a little oversight just to make sure no backwater county is misusing the system to make it harder for unpopular people to vote, then I don't see where there's a problem.

So you would hold the Republican Party responsible for which groups and organizations, if ONE of the members did something wrong?

Please, stop w/ the persecution act. It's common knowledge that the NAACP has become nothing more than an extended arm of the DNC. This wasn't just 'one of the members' doing something wrong. It's symptomatic of the entire Left. Goes back to at least the 60's and Chicago stealing the election from Nixon

Please, stop w/ the persecution act. It's common knowledge that the NAACP has become nothing more than an extended arm of the DNC. This wasn't just 'one of the members' doing something wrong. It's symptomatic of the entire Left. Goes back to at least the 60's and Chicago stealing the election from Nixon

156675[/snapback]

You are a great source of humor. Also a great source of dishonesty, hypocrisy and double standards, but thanks for the the humor, anyway.

It's symptomatic of the entire Left. Goes back to at least the 60's and Chicago stealing the election from Nixon

Talk about a persecution act. :moon::cheer::rolleyes::roflol::puke:

156675[/snapback]

Here is fraudulent voter registration activity directly linked to the RNC, since you are incapable of recognizing the difference. It was broadly orchestrated, unlike the act you cite regarding a single member of the NAACP.

They intended to dupe scores of people into thinking there were registered to vote when their registrations were actually destroyed. This is how the RNC works. Dishonestly, fraudulently, and undemocratically, as would most other totalitarian groups who actually hate real democracy while using the facade of it to manipulate people into thinking they just love freedom.

TT, from your last post, I now assume that you're in favor of a well managed, accurate voter registration system. One that will keep those nasty ol' Republicans from throwing away the valid votes of all those lawfully registered to vote will get your approval?

Here is fraudulent voter registration activity directly linked to the RNC, since you are incapable of recognizing the difference. It was broadly orchestrated, unlike the act you cite regarding a single member of the NAACP.

They intended to dupe scores of people into thinking there were registered to vote when their registrations were actually destroyed. This is how the RNC works. Dishonestly, fraudulently, and undemocratically, as would most other totalitarian groups who actually hate real democracy while using the facade of it to manipulate people into thinking they just love freedom.

Wow, because you said so, that makes it fact? There's no reference or siting of ANY source, only your declaration. The reason I pointed out that particular incident was because it was one where someone actually got arrested. Much like Al Capone, it wasn't specifically for the reasons which made him infamous, but for the tax evasion. And there are many other examples of Dem voter tampering, which can be cited too, not just ones you dream up. Scores of voters, you say? Gee, that still dones't come close to the number of oveseas military ballots that the Democrats lawyers actively tried to block from being counted.

Spare us your comeback, it just cheapens you more so.

Wow, because you said so, that makes it fact? There's no reference or siting of ANY source, only your declaration. The reason I pointed out that particular incident was because it was one where someone actually got arrested. Much like Al Capone, it wasn't specifically for the reasons which made him infamous, but for the tax evasion. And there are many other examples of Dem voter tampering, which can be cited too, not just ones you dream up. Scores of voters, you say? Gee, that still dones't come close to the number of oveseas military ballots that the Democrats lawyers actively tried to block from being counted.

Spare us your comeback, it just cheapens you more so.

156696[/snapback]

My "comebacks" usually point out how full of crap you are. But then again, so do your posts left unchallenged.

I went back and read the article you posted and want to ammend my comment. The article doesn't even assert that the lone person alleged to have been providing the crack was even a member of the NAACP. Just someone who was hired to get registrations. Doesn't assert any knowledge whatsoever on the part of the NAACP. You have no facts. But you rarely do. Just lies, bitterness and innuendo.

Deputies allege that Staton was paid crack cocaine for the falsified registrations.

Defiance Deputies along with Toledo Police Department detectives conducted a search warrant of a residence on Woodland in Toledo, believed to be the home of the woman who hired Staton to solicit voter registration. Officers confiscated drug paraphernalia along with voter registration forms from the home. The occupant of the home, Georgianne Pitts, age 41, advised law enforcement, along with Ohio B.C.I.&I., that she had been recruited by Thaddeus J. Jackson, II, of Cleveland, to obtain voter registrations. Pitts admitted to paying Staton crack cocaine for the registrations in lieu of money.

A business card provided by Pitts indicated that Jackson is the Assistant NVF Ohio Director of the NAACP National Voter Fund.

My "comebacks" usually point out how full of crap you are. But then again, so do your posts left unchallenged

:huh: ???

They do nothing of the sort. All you've responded with so far is " is not ! is not! is not! " . :roflol:

Once again, you can't refute the facts, all you have is idealogical hopes and specious reasoning. I really do pity you.

My "comebacks" usually point out how full of crap you are. But then again, so do your posts left unchallenged

They do nothing of the sort. All you've responded with so far is " is not ! is not! is not! " . :roflol:

Once again, you can't refute the facts, all you have is idealogical hopes and specious reasoning. I really do pity you.

156705[/snapback]

Talking with yourself again? :moon::roflol:

156705[/snapback]

156708[/snapback]

Clearly if you're responding, then I am not. You respond as you see fit, I'm done w/ you on this thread.

Argueing with libbies is like argueing with Bammers...... they don't know when they are beaten by the facts, so they just continue with the same old worn out sayings.

But libbies are good for one thing....... hijacking threads and turning them into p****** contests.

156705[/snapback]

156708[/snapback]

Clearly if you're responding, then I am not. You respond as you see fit, I'm done w/ you on this thread.

156710[/snapback]

I just find it fascinating to watch one of your adult personalities chastise one of you child personalities.

Argueing with libbies is like argueing with Bammers......  they don't know when they are beaten by the facts, so they just continue with the same old worn out sayings. 

But libbies are good for one thing.......  hijacking threads and turning them into p****** contests.

156711[/snapback]

Raptor chose this direction. Wingnut Wackos see it as a "contest" when someone returns fire.

Jenny, I'm from Georgia, but live in Auburn right now while im going to school. The republicans in the Georgia state house are trying to get the same type of law passed.

In Georgia, they silenced the Dem's efforts to call this a 'poll tax' by offering people below the poverty line free i.d. cards.

Why doesn't Texas put this in the legislation? I don't see it costing the state a whole lot of money... I mean its $10 dollars a person, it cant cost the state that much money. And thats even assuming everybody below the poverty line will show up to get a free i.d. card, which they wont.

I hope it passes in GA, I dont see any negative effects. It only cuts down on voter fraud, and even people too poor to buy an i.d. card, if they care about who is in office, they will go get a free i.d.

You could even go so far as to say it helps this people because they now can get a free i.d. to use for other things.

156665[/snapback]

I am not sure but I would be willing to bet that SOMEWHERE there is already legislation passed that will pay for an ID card if someone can't afford to get one. But if not, here's a golden opportunity for the Dems to come out smelling good on this one - amend the bill to make that "freebie" allowance - altho I would still imagine that since welfare recipients have to have an ID to get their benefits, there can't be that many poor people who don't have SOME form of photo ID. Probably the welfare office will provide you with some kind of photo ID if you don't have one. That whole "cost" thing just does not hold water. Poll tax - what a STUPID statement.

I have also heard some people say that they are opposed because that could lead to a national ID card - well, what exactly is the problem with that??? If you have a state driver's license, then the Feds already can get any information they want about you - having a uniform American ID is no more an invasion of privacy than a driver's license. The paranoia of some people just staggers the mind.

I would also be willing to bet that Alma's other unspoken concern is that people in her district would not be able to vote at all if an ID was required - she is a rep for a bad part of town, and to get a DL or ID in TX, you have to give your thumbprint - tell me that someone with warrants outstanding would be willing to be thumbprinted to get an ID so he or she can vote!! There goes ole' Alma's constituency. :roflol:

Argueing with libbies is like argueing with Bammers......  they don't know when they are beaten by the facts, so they just continue with the same old worn out sayings. 

But libbies are good for one thing.......  hijacking threads and turning them into p****** contests.

156711[/snapback]

Raptor chose this direction. Wingnut Wackos see it as a "contest" when someone returns fire.

156713[/snapback]

Sadly, the only direction his compass points is toward is "callow."

I got a response from Alma - the ENTIRE email follows:

Thank you for your input...........Alma A. Allen

I guess she isn’t too worried - she knows the Houston Barnacle would never print a letter that actually proved a liberal politician to be wrong about something, and even if they did, she also knows that very few of her constituents would understand my letter in the first place.

Can you believe this woman is actually “DOCTOR” Alma Allen? Ed.D in Curriculum and Instruction - that explains a lot, as does the fact that she is the former president of the National Association of State Boards of Education and a retired administrator with the Houston Independent School District. And people dare ask why HISD schools are in such crappy shape... colleges must hand out EdD’s with every Happy Meal.

Thanks for the HUGE laugh Jenny. If it were not so TRUE, it would be even funnier!

:lol::lol::lol:

156711[/snapback]

156713[/snapback]

Sadly, the only direction his compass points is toward is "callow."

156724[/snapback]

Would you say that Howard Dean proved himself to be a callow person when he uttered the scream heard round the world? Or possibably John Kerry's interest in telling the world he is/was a hero isn't new, in the past it has come across as a callow bohemian equation of misery without authenticity.

Would you say that Howard Dean proved himself to be a callow person when he uttered the scream heard round the world?

Of course not. He was excited and I don't see anything wrong with excitement.

Or possibably John Kerry's interest in telling the world he is/was a hero isn't new, in the past it has come across as a callow bohemian equation of misery without authenticity.

His interest in telling the world he is/was whatever was because he was campaigning for an elected office and that was part of his stump speech.

Would you say that Howard Dean proved himself to be a callow person when he uttered the scream heard round the world?

Of course not. He was excited and I don't see anything wrong with excitement.

Or possibably John Kerry's interest in telling the world he is/was a hero isn't new, in the past it has come across as a callow bohemian equation of misery without authenticity.

His interest in telling the world he is/was whatever was because he was campaigning for an elected office and that was part of his stump speech.

156831[/snapback]

Remember your love of those two when you buy me two glasses of lemonade! :lol:

Archived