USC Preview

Tigerfan55

The Schedule: Brutal. Road trips to Oregon :blink: , Arizona State :blink: , Notre Dame and California leave several opportunities for an upset as all four will have the fire and talent (even Notre Dame) to end the great USC unbeaten ride. Fresno State is a nasty late season showdown, but it's in the Coliseum. Don't expect the Trojans to lose in L.A. and look for them to gain more and more confidence as they win the big road games.

2005 Schedule

9/3 at Hawaii

9/17 Arkansas

9/24 at Oregon

10/1 at Arizona State

10/8 Arizona

10/15 at Notre Dame

10/22 at Washington

10/29 Washington State

11/5 Stanford

11/12 at California

11/19 Fresno State

12/3 UCLA

They call this a brutal schedule? Can we play this schedule next year, I believe that we could do pretty good with this schedule.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/pac_ten...USC_Preview.htm

The left coasters don't get "it" and they never will. I would dearly love for AU to play this type Schedule EVERY year. :D

It would be great if Arkansas beat them, then we tear Arkansas a new one...

158455[/snapback]

ASU a tough opponent??? ASU lost to Zona last year, SC thumped them 45-7 with ASU's star QB: Andrew Walter... No Walter this year, even worse beating in store for ASU.

Cal lost it's staring QB and running back, should be over by the 1st quarter...

ND: seemed to lack the talent (and coaching) in last year's game. Coaching may be equal this year, but the talent is not... SC win.

Oregon: QB Kellen Clemens is gone... who else do the Ducks have to throw at SC??? SC win.

Arky: How do you replace Matt Jones??? He was the Hogs most effective way of moving the football the last three years. SC may take the Hogs to the woodshed.

This all based on the assumption that Norm Chow's replacement is competent and will not change the offense radically. BIG ASSUMPTION...

I'm hoping for a 2005 SC flameout, but the team is loaded with talent...

:au:

Norm Chow was responsible for more wins than you can count the last couple of years. His playcalling against Va. Tech last year won the game. He called a couple of wheel routes to Reggie Bush, isolating him on a linebacker. These were the deciding factors and were brilliant calls. USC is very talented but will be very vulnerable as well without Chow.

piss poor-officiating and young players unaccustomed to fourth quarter pressure won usc the va tech game.

Nothing about the Pac-10 is brutal except the whippings that USC puts on other conference teams. Honestly, who thinks that any of the Pac-10 venues are scary compared the SEC's? I hope USC has a couple of loses and everyone goes into a panic attack wondering what happened to the darlings of LA.

SC seems pretty confident about 2005 considering that they lost Norm Chow. Seems eerily similar to how we felt about replacing Petrino with Nall... :blink: But their schedule is so weak (typical PAC-10), they may still go undefeated... :rolleyes:

:au:

nothing brutal about this schedule at all:

9/3 at Hawaii

QB Tommy Chang is gone

9/17 Arkansas

QB Matt Jones (and 80% of their offense) is gone

9/24 at Oregon

may be tougher than most think, OU was very young last year

10/1 at Arizona State

QB Walters is gone

10/8 Arizona

Rebuilding mode

10/15 at Notre Dame

who knows what Notre Dame will do with Weiss, but USC has the line to dominate both sides of the ball, Bush blows up in this game

10/22 at Washington

another new coach

10/29 Washington State

should be fairly young, but the game is in LA

11/5 Stanford

another new coach

11/12 at California

Maybe the conference championship right here

11/19 Fresno State

don't think so

12/3 UCLS

coach is all but done at UCLA cause they suck

I'll take that schedule over the usual SEC murder's row any day

I'll take the Stanford game as a possible upset "L" for SC. Remember Walt Harris is the coach out there this year and they played well enough to beat SC in 2004.

I'll take the Stanford game as a possible upset "L" for SC. Remember Walt Harris is the coach out there this year and they played well enough to beat SC in 2004.

158551[/snapback]

Good point, but I was thinking Stanford graduated most of their playmakers on offense from 2004. Remember last year Stanford had the big lead at halftime and then couldn't stop USC on defense and couldn't move the ball on offense.

My god! This schedule is a national title waiting to happen.......AGAIN!!! No real/true test for this club until January...................

But that is why they play the game. I feel like they lose a game JUST because they should'nt.... but don't bet on it!

:no:

Yes Arkansas lost Jones, but I believe they are returning a lot of starters on both sides. I say watch out SC

Yep, no way our schedules can compare with that when it comes to Strength-of-Schedule in the BCS...

:angry::puke::thumbsdown:

Of course, our guys don't have to contend with the distractions/temptations of Hollyweird like they do, so may the pundits are factoring that into their thinking <_<

All I know is that I will be a huge Hog fan on 9/17, after that I will revert to my normal self and like hogs only when they're served next to a couple of eggs sunny side up.

I couldn't care less about USC's schedule or anything else to do with USC for that matter. A couple years ago it was all about how classy their fans are and how wonderful their coach is and now we all hate USC and want to see them fail. Whatever. Im sick of seeing USC related post on every Auburn message board I go to.

Archived