Softball VS Troy 3/10/21

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice game by Shelby against a good team.  She has a rise that she throws to righties that cuts up and in to them and it eats them up.  Too many LOB's and that will get us beat this weekend.

Thanks for the PBP, Ell.  I'm finding I like our young hitters, and Dowell has turned into a beast.  I'm confident Godwin will do lots of good things, although she was ofer tonight.  Really need Rivera to come into form.

3 hours ago, chizhead said:

She's hitting at a .500 clip

I think so too.  Rivera is hitting .189 after tonight, and Garcia is at .444.

1 minute ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I think so too.  Rivera is hitting .189 after tonight, and Garcia is at .444.

Did we have a squeeze on with 1 out and bases loaded tonight or did Garcia mistake the sign for a squeeze call. The way she has been hitting that bunt was a shocker...

Yep, I was. I don't speak Spanish so its easy to do.  I knew better but at my age mistakes are like candles on a birthday cake, THEY JUST KEEP ADDING UP

7 hours ago, AU1947 said:

Did we have a squeeze on with 1 out and bases loaded tonight or did Garcia mistake the sign for a squeeze call. The way she has been hitting that bunt was a shocker...

IDK.  I was following on Live Stats, and I just Xed out of the page; can't get it back now.  Wouldn't surprise me if Dean put the squeeze on, he likes the play.

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

IDK.  I was following on Live Stats, and I just Xed out of the page; can't get it back now.  Wouldn't surprise me if Dean put the squeeze on, he likes the play.

From the broadcast description it sounds as though they were playing back on Garcia's  at bat so a well executed bunt would have been good.  Unfortunately the "bunt" was too strong and allowed  first base to make a play on the ball and get the force at home plate.  Someone who watched on ESPN+ could confirm or clarify.

4 hours ago, chizhead said:

Yep, I was. I don't speak Spanish so its easy to do.  I knew better but at my age mistakes are like candles on a birthday cake, THEY JUST KEEP ADDING UP

What does speaking Spanish have to do with confusing 2 different last names?

49 minutes ago, TD1 said:

@TD1 Pretty sure he was making a harmless joke since they both have Spanish last names.

Crazy world we live in when I'm the one explaining the jokes. lol

52 minutes ago, TD1 said:

Just now, ellitor said:

@TD1 Pretty sure he was making a harmless joke since they both have Spanish last names.

Crazy world we live in when I'm the one explaining the jokes. lol

You have to explain things to people who can't keep up. Ellitor, you might want to check out the last post that I made on the basketball board. I don't have a Rivals sub, but see what they are saying. You know MM ain't going to say something without substance to it. I have to go back to the garden

6 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Ellitor, you might want to check out the last post that I made on the basketball board. I don't have a Rivals sub, but see what they are saying. You know MM ain't going to say something without substance to it. I have to go back to the garden

@chizhead already have & what both sites are saying could be the same. Also you have been a member here a long time & know not to paste VIP content. Please don't do it again. I will try to edit to summarize your post.

6 hours ago, slot canyon said:

From the broadcast description it sounds as though they were playing back on Garcia's  at bat so a well executed bunt would have been good.  Unfortunately the "bunt" was too strong and allowed  first base to make a play on the ball and get the force at home plate.  Someone who watched on ESPN+ could confirm or clarify.

That's an accurate description.  Although I'll add the first baseman made a very good play scooping the ball up and in one motion, shoveling the ball to the catcher.

Archived