Covid Care Expense

tomcat

It seems 90%+ of new hospital Covid admissions are the unvaccinated. Great. That is totally a freedom of choice issue. However, this resistance creates a tremendous burden upon the healthcare system. Other people are dying while limited resources are diverted to care for unvaccinated Covid patients. I would suggest that insurance benefits for the unvaccinated be reduced….let’s say 50%  The vaccine works. Don’t want it? Your choice. Pay the tab if you get infected.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, tomcat said:

It seems 90%+ of new hospital Covid admissions are the unvaccinated. Great. That is totally a freedom of choice issue. However, this resistance creates a tremendous burden upon the healthcare system. Other people are dying while limited resources are diverted to care for unvaccinated Covid patients. I would suggest that insurance benefits for the unvaccinated be reduced….let’s say 50%  The vaccine works. Don’t want it? Your choice. Pay the tab if you get infected.

Unfortunately, the real loser in that scenario would be the health care providers.  They can't turn someone in a critical care situation away and, without the insurance benefits, they either won't get paid or will push the cost on to the government, which means we all pay for it.  I can certainly understand the sentiment though...

35 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Unfortunately, the real loser in that scenario would be the health care providers.  They can't turn someone in a critical care situation away and, without the insurance benefits, they either won't get paid or will push the cost on to the government, which means we all pay for it.  I can certainly understand the sentiment though...

Sad, but true.  I wonder how many of the unvaccinated are also uninsured since the previous administration eliminated the mandate.