Disappointed but not mad

TitanTiger

About what I expected. We are much improved but not there yet. We get PSU in our house next year. It will be a different outcome!

Bo looked better than he did in the Swamp. We’re getting there!

War Eagle!!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

We fought like hell. The turnover to start the 2nd half was killer. I didn’t like the corner route in the end zone. We got burned by the TEs too many times. But overall I see so many reasons for hope. This is a hard nosed football team now. Put this game in Auburn and it’s a W. But unlike with Gus, we weren’t out there s***ting the bed on offense. 

War Damn Eagle

That's exactly how I feel. I can handle losses because they're gonna happen. What I can't handle is if we show up and just look pathetic. We hung in on the road against a top 10 team in Harsin's 3rd game. Future is damn bright and I'm proud of the way the players fought through the adversity.

• Like 5

I'm not convinced we win if its in Auburn, but I love the effort and fight.  Had this penciled as an L pre-season, but wanted to see progress.  I saw that tonight.  Lots to build on.

• Like 2

I have the same type of feeling. I’m not upset because it was obvious that we were prepared.

A couple of plays either way and we may have taken this one. 

We are a MUCH harder-nosed team than we were .. I mean you can absolutely see the difference only three games in to CBH era.

Its a hard loss but I’m really optimistic about our overall direction.

• Like 2

You should be mad. Lost from game management, confused players which is a direct correlation to coaching.  Wasted timeouts , for wasted play calls. 💯 would have changed the game. Feed the running game vs trick plays, which is what I thought we were getting away from. STFU with your BS about Gus trying to find light. Definitely not a Gus guy but don’t throw shade when it’s the same s***. 

Players laid it on the line but not prepared. Did not make adjustments to TE, did not give DLINE help with blitz package. On top of that our Stellar coaches cannot coach a player to stay in a zone and keep eyes out of the backfield. 

Be real and quit with the fake ass same old mediocre loser bull****.  Over $11,000,000 will go to the guys putting Auburn players in a bad position. Over $11,000,000 will go to guys calling unnecessary timeouts to F it up more. 

WDE 

We left a win on the field. 

No moral victories here. Coaches didn't put our boys in a position to succeed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

We left a win on the field. 

No moral victories here. Coaches didn't put our boys in a position to succeed. 

I'm not claiming a moral victory.  I see improvement and reason for hope.  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

You should be mad. Lost from game management, confused players which is a direct correlation to coaching.  Wasted timeouts , for wasted play calls. 💯 would have changed the game. Feed the running game vs trick plays, which is what I thought we were getting away from. STFU with your BS about Gus trying to find light. Definitely not a Gus guy but don’t throw shade when it’s the same s***. 

Players laid it on the line but not prepared. Did not make adjustments to TE, did not give DLINE help with blitz package. On top of that our Stellar coaches cannot coach a player to stay in a zone and keep eyes out of the backfield. 

Be real and quit with the fake ass same old mediocre loser bull****.  Over $11,000,000 will go to the guys putting Auburn players in a bad position. Over $11,000,000 will go to guys calling unnecessary timeouts to F it up more. 

WDE 

Tell me you didn't pay attention the previous eight years without telling me you didn't pay attention the previous 8 years.

I'll tell you what, I'll offer my thoughts on the game.  You don't have to agree with them.  But mind yourself on suggesting that I'm being fake or advocating a loser mentality.  If you want to pull that s***, you can enjoy some alone time.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Disappointed, a little.  I really thought our DBs and LBs would be better in pass coverage.   Disappointed in offensive play calls by Bobo.  

Is Bobo or Harsin calling the plays? looks like Harsin carries the clip board

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm not claiming a moral victory.  I see improvement and reason for hope.  

And I'm not reading as much into it as you.

That was a mess of a gameplan and we do ourselves a disservice by trying to look for silver linings. 

Edited by AUDub

Just now, AUDub said:

And I'm not reading as much into is as you.

That was a mess of a gameplan and we do ourselves a disservice by trying to look for silver linings. 

To me, some of the issues were gameplan.  Others were execution.  And some of it was just PSU making plays.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

Where ? 

Clear improvement by the offensive line, which has been atrocious the last two years.

Bo has improved.  He is clearly making better decisions out there and not doing dumb things to get us beat.  And that's despite the fact that we do not have a WR corp that helps him out much at all.

We are physical.  A Gus team would have fallen apart after that turnover putting us down 21-10 right out of half.  These guys go out and ram the ball down their throats 12 out of 15 plays for a 75 yd TD drive.

I honestly don't know how anyone watches that game and thinks we look just like we have the last few years under beep boop.  This team is made of different stuff.  

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

To me, some of the issues were gameplan.  Others were execution.  And some of it was just PSU making plays.

First and foremost, gameplan. Yeah the boys dropped some balls and Bo missed some throws.

But UGA fans are right. Bobo is not the guy we need calling plays. We leaned into our weaknesses rather than our strengths. 4th and short with the game on the line with arguably the best backfield in the conference?

Face it. This is a step back no matter how much people want to read it as a step forward. We could have easily won this one and we did not.  

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Love the general support here for players efforts, but this feels like so many Malzahn losses - we SHOULD have won.

Malzahn would just s*** it up. These guys (hopefully) just made some misreads and can adjust out if it. We shall see.

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

First and foremost, gameplan. Yeah the boys dropped some balls and Bo missed some throws.

But UGA fans are right. Bobo is not the guy we need calling plays. We leaned into our weaknesses rather than our strengths. 4th and short with the game on the line with arguably the best backfield in the conference?

Face it. This is a step back no matter how much people want to read it as a step forward. We could have easily won this one and we did not.  

I agree that the first half we didn't run it enough and the 4th down call was all wrong.  I'd have fed Tank, or done play action and a quick out to Shenker.  I love the TE in goal line situations.  But I don't read it as a step back.  

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Clear improvement by the offensive line, which has been atrocious the last two years.

Bo has improved.  He is clearly making better decisions out there and not doing dumb things to get us beat.  And that's despite the fact that we do not have a WR corp that helps him out much at all.

We are physical.  A Gus team would have fallen apart after that turnover putting us down 21-10 right out of half.  These guys go out and ram the ball down their throats 12 out of 15 plays for a 75 yd TD drive.

I honestly don't know how anyone watches that game and thinks we look just like we have the last few years under beep boop.  This team is made of different stuff.  

65ED1727-A1C5-4B7C-A1E4-C0D956AF42C2.pngCE5929F6-F871-41FD-BCF7-16A1360B622D.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

65ED1727-A1C5-4B7C-A1E4-C0D956AF42C2.pngCE5929F6-F871-41FD-BCF7-16A1360B622D.png

We were down 21-3 before we cracked 100 yds of offense in the Bama game.  96 yds of our total offense came on one drive at the end of the game when we were down 42-6.  The two games aren't comparable.

Do better.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Well no s***!!!! We ran the ball down their throats…. when it was to late. We ran trick plays that back fired and receivers were contested all night. Route tree was awful. Yes , some balls should have been caught but again they were not wide open throws . I can enjoy some alone time because what happened tonight was the last 8 years. I’ve watched all of them and been to all of them. 

The game could completely be pointed to 2 wasted timeouts that fall completely on the staffs shoulders. 

1- timeout with game clock running out on Penn St 

2- timeout when …. So what if we do not get it. We would have 2 to have time outs to score again. 

All for positivity but just throwing shade like this game was different than the last 8 years to  make yourself feel better is a losers mentality. I’ll enjoy  my alone time knowing I’m not going to point the finger at a former coach to make myself feel better about mediocrity. 

Just now, bmartin3228 said:

Well no s***!!!! We ran the ball down their throats…. when it was to late.

Which I have acknowledged.  We should have run it more in the first half.

We ran trick plays that back fired

The trick play was a simple WR pass, just like they'd run on us to burn us for 20+ yards.  That fumble was on Hudson.

and receivers were contested all night.

Because our WRs are mediocre and/or young.

Route tree was awful.

You don't know what the route tree was.  Just stop.

Yes , some balls should have been caught but again they were not wide open throws . I can enjoy some alone time because what happened tonight was the last 8 years.

You seem to be expecting that in one spring and fall camp, the coaching staff should be able to produce miracles out of a middling WR corp.  It is what it is.  It lacks experience or a game breaker.  How is that a coaching staff problem?  We need better horses.

The game could completely be pointed to 2 wasted timeouts that fall completely on the staffs shoulders. 

1- timeout with game clock running out on Penn St 

2- timeout when …. So what if we do not get it. We would have 2 to have time outs to score again. 

All for positivity but just throwing shade like this game was different than the last 8 years to  make yourself feel better is a losers mentality. I’ll enjoy  my alone time knowing I’m not going to point the finger at a former coach to make myself feel better about mediocrity. 

Tell me I'm settling for mediocrity or having a losers mentality just because I'm not losing my mind or making ridiculous comparisons to past games that have zero relation to one another and you'll enjoy some permanent alone time.  Either learn how to discuss and disagree without being the sound end of a northbound mule or go somewhere else.  We clear?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

But I don't read it as a step back.  

Why not? "The boys worked hard?"

Problems were the coordinators. Bend but don't break by Mason when we should have been getting after Clifford and schizophrenic playcalling by Bobo are the culprits. The boys were game, yeah, but that doesn't about to much when you lose a game you very much could and should have pulled out but for the shortcomings of the guys paid to put them in a position to win. 

This is not a step forward. It is a bad result, full stop. 

Just now, AUDub said:

Why not? "The boys worked hard?"

Yeah.  To some degree.  But I'd put it more like, it looks like a different kind of team to me.  I mean, I've been around for a while.  I remember 1981 in Dye's first year.  We'd gone 5-6 in Barfield's last season and went 5-6 in Dye's first one.  But anyone paying attention could tell there was a difference in the two teams and the two coaches.

• Like 6