Is it only me????

tigerman1186

Still stinging from the game...looking back I see many opportunities we SHOULD have done differently to secure the WIN....not to point fingers at coaches or players, but....why did we throw the ball after stopping them in the 4th quarter and had it intercepted...could of run off several minutes and/or force them to use another timeout....why did we only throw the ball downfield twice over 20 yards???? one was a pass broken up in the first quarter and the second time we completed it on a 3rd down and scored on the next play...why didn't we go for 2 after scoring the TD in overtime???...Kudos to the effort and play by the team...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

Still stinging from the game...looking back I see many opportunities we SHOULD have done differently to secure the WIN....not to point fingers at coaches or players, but....why did we throw the ball after stopping them in the 4th quarter and had it intercepted...could of run off several minutes and/or force them to use another timeout....why did we only throw the ball downfield twice over 20 yards???? one was a pass broken up in the first quarter and the second time we completed it on a 3rd down and scored on the next play...why didn't we go for 2 after scoring the TD in overtime???...Kudos to the effort and play by the team...

I stated in multiple threads that one sequence of the Defensive stop and the interception was the game. Bama was toast without the turnover.

Just now, tigerman1186 said:

I agree with the still stinging part. It will take a while to get over this one. I do think that in every close game, the losing team's fans can look back at two or three plays that didn't work and and say "woulda' shoulda' coulda'." If Hudson catches that high pass instead of having it slip off his hands to be intercepted, the play would have looked like a good call. If Tank makes two more steps before getting pulled out of bounds we get the first down and the game is over. The list is long, and the closer the game the longer the list.

• Like 1