Another Resignation: Read Tara Henley on Why She's Leaving Legacy Media

AUFAN78

The story of Tara Henley is the story of countless liberals. Until recently, they were the ones pushing everyone else to be more tolerant, more understanding, more open-minded, more compassionate. Then, something happened — call it ideological succession or institutional capture or the new illiberalism — and, all of a sudden (or so it felt to them), they found themselves to the right of their friends and colleagues. Their crime? Refusing to abandon their principles in the service of some radical, anti-liberal dogma. 

When I started at the national public broadcaster in 2013, the network produced some of the best journalism in the country. By the time I resigned last month, it embodied some of the worst trends in mainstream media. In a short period of time, the CBC went from being a trusted source of news to churning out clickbait that reads like a parody of the student press.

It used to be that I was the one furthest to the left in any newsroom, occasionally causing strain in story meetings with my views on issues like the housing crisis. I am now easily the most conservative, frequently sparking tension by questioning identity politics. This happened in the span of about 18 months. My own politics did not change.

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/another-resignation-read-tara-henley

• Haha 1

Another person hoping to make bank on the "Libertarian SubStack blog" money machine. Maybe it'll work for her maybe it wont. 

Tried looking her up to see who she actually was, and maybe my google skills are failing me or maybe its cause she's from Canada, but I couldn't find anything notable about her or written by her outside of her becoming a right wing "star" for publicly leaving her job over "wokness". 

Her "Best selling" book has 15 reviews on Amazon and is ranked 144,300 on Amazon...maybe it doesn't take much to be a Canadian 'best seller'? 

• Facepalm 1

Whatever @autigeremt , I'm sure the Canadian Broadcasting Network is absolutely devastated that a  book/special interest reporter that nobody has ever heard of left them to go start her own internet blog. 

Here's an interesting interview a website had with her about why she left:

https://www.canadaland.com/tara-henley-cbc/

Basically she can't really give any concrete examples of this "wokeness" she alleges and admits that it didn't really affect her writing or her work with the CBC, but she's just going off what she noticed and the 'subtle hints' she got when talking to others." The interviewer keeps asking her for examples or situations that back up her claim and she just hee and haws around and talking about how it wasn't really direct, but she could feel it in the air type of s***. 

She should have kept to her "safe spaces" like FoxNews interviews where she wouldn't have to explain herself and could just shout "WOKENESS" " at the top of her lungs to cheers and applause. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Another person hoping to make bank on the "Libertarian SubStack blog" money machine. Maybe it'll work for her maybe it wont. 

Tried looking her up to see who she actually was, and maybe my google skills are failing me or maybe its cause she's from Canada, but I couldn't find anything notable about her or written by her outside of her becoming a right wing "star" for publicly leaving her job over "wokness". 

Her "Best selling" book has 15 reviews on Amazon and is ranked 144,300 on Amazon...maybe it doesn't take much to be a Canadian 'best seller'? 

Perhaps your Google Skills are failing?

Tara Henley is a renowned TV personality who has been working in the broadcasting network from 2013 till December 2021. Tara has served as a TV and radio producer and occasional on-air columnist over the past few decades.

Tara Henley quit her job as a broadcaster in the CBC network due to the public broadcaster’s shifting politics.

According to National Post, Tara further said, “To work at the CBC now is to accept that race is the most significant thing about a person."

She is a liberal, not a radical liberal. 

• Haha 1