For “pro-life” folks

TexasTiger

The “pro-life” movement once focused on the most “brutal” abortion techniques to gain support. Now that over 50% of abortions are achieved through medication do you find that more “acceptable”?

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

The “pro-life” movement once focused on the most “brutal” abortion techniques to gain support. Now that over 50% of abortions are achieved through medication do you find that more “acceptable”?

What do you mean by "most brutal"?  They pretty much all begin with dismemberment and end with sucking into a sink?  The medication ones produce a fairly violent ejection of the baby by the female body parts. From what I have seen it is painful for the mother and really does a job on her. I am against both types of abortions. I believe you made your "choice" when you got pregnant. A high percentage of babies would prefer to be born even if their mother had not planned to become pregnant. 

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

What do you mean by "most brutal"?  They pretty much all begin with dismemberment and end with sucking into a sink?  The medication ones produce a fairly violent ejection of the baby by the female body parts. From what I have seen it is painful for the mother and really does a job on her. I am against both types of abortions. I believe you made your "choice" when you got pregnant. A high percentage of babies would prefer to be born even if their mother had not planned to become pregnant. 

What if pregnancy was forced onto the woman? 

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

A lot of folks really hate women who don’t realize they hate women.

10 hours ago, autigeremt said:

What if pregnancy was forced onto the woman? 

Nothing about my post would change. The methods of abortion are the same as are the effects on the bodies. She didn’t make the choice to have sex with the perp. The baby is still half hers and a lot of women in this situation who did carry the child are thankful they did it as opposed to killing the baby.  My belief is that the baby would still choose life.  Adoption would seem to be a great decision in the case you make of .001% of the pregnancies.

47 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Nothing about my post would change. The methods of abortion are the same as are the effects on the bodies. She didn’t make the choice to have sex with the perp. The baby is still half hers and a lot of women in this situation who did carry the child are thankful they did it as opposed to killing the baby.  My belief is that the baby would still choose life.  Adoption would seem to be a great decision in the case you make of .001% of the pregnancies.

That's part of my issue with the hard line ideology....it shouldn't be a choice made for her. She didn't ask for it, it was forced upon her. No way I would ever support such a stance. Kids aren't pets waiting on a new owner at the local "Baby Control". 

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Not sure where you are going there.

The absolute lack of Christian compassion for women, or any other kind of compassion, that I routinely hear from most forced birthers is pretty telling. Tons of misogyny. Some outright hatefulness. Considerable indifference. When not hatred, it's clearly seeing women as less than-- not first class humans with bodily autonomy. Mere vessels. 

• Like 5