CTT on Finebaum

DKW 86

Good interview.

No Michigan, not suprising and Tubs mentions what has always been known. Home and homes for southern teams against the Big 10 are rare things.

Gibbs was actually Tubervilles first choice over Chizik but Gibbs wanted to do the pro thing at the time.

Thought the comments on team players was interesting. That players can go to coach and say hey, he isn't a team player he needs to hit the highway.

Looking forward to this fall, should be a fun one.

I was waiting on Finebaum, but he didn't get on the show in time for me to listen. But I did catch comments from Jocks... apparently he expects Tre to carry the ball 20-25 times per game and is taking him off special teams.

I guess he was on the show with Vince Young? Odd....

Great interview. It was nice to have some "Quality" entertainment on Finebaum for once. I'm so sick of Team Cotrell I could :puke:

I did note that when asked about Tre, he said, "Well, he's our starting tailback...right now." He really sang Tre's praises and commented again on his balance and some of the incredible things he does. I did get the impression; however, that he's going to be pushed for the starting position.

CTT is always going to tell it like it is and represent this University with class. He sure brought the level of the Findscum program up about 20 notches yesterday.

Gibbs was actually Tubervilles first choice over Chizik but Gibbs wanted to do the pro thing at the time.

170520[/snapback]

Right... And Nall was actually selected as OC so that we would appreciate Borges more once he was hired. :blink: This is a comment that Tubby could have kept to himself and not looked so petty. Remember Tubby's comments, about Chizik, after Chizik left AU for UT. The rift between Chizik and Tubby must have been deep at the end of Chizik's tenure.

:au:

Well, Chizik started that verbal jousting with his comments about Mack Brown versus CTT (implied) regarding assistant moving on to be head coaches. Chizik could have kept that to himself as well.

Well, Chizik started that verbal jousting with his comments about Mack Brown versus CTT (implied) regarding assistant moving on to be head coaches.  Chizik could have kept that to himself as well.

170555[/snapback]

I agee. Like I said, the rift between the two was probably deeper than what many people first thought.

Did I hear CTT correctly saying that Ronnie Brown has been working out in Auburn and was up to 240 - 245 lbs???

Well, Chizik started that verbal jousting with his comments about Mack Brown versus CTT (implied) regarding assistant moving on to be head coaches.  Chizik could have kept that to himself as well.

170555[/snapback]

I agee. Like I said, the rift between the two was probably deeper than what many people first thought.

170561[/snapback]

Van Gorder left because of disagreements with Richt and Dooley. What the hell is it with these DC's?

170555[/snapback]

170561[/snapback]

Van Gorder left because of disagreements with Richt and Dooley. What the hell is it with these DC's?

170592[/snapback]

MHO, DCs are natural HC material, maybe even better than OCs are. OCs tend to get too involved with the on the field stuff. DCs see the rest of the field too.

Did I hear CTT correctly saying that Ronnie Brown has been working out in Auburn and was up to 240 - 245 lbs???

170562[/snapback]

YES, I HEARD THE SAME THING. :D

TUBS COMPARED RB AT 240 TO R.WILLIAMS AT 210. HE SAID IT WOULD TAKE RW A YEAR TO GET HIS WEIGHT UP EVEN CLOSE TO THAT.

I'm in agreement that Bowden is a joke when it comes to discipline. Too many incidents over too many years. I do have to say that Dye had a little of that pain theory in him when it came to discipline. It was legendary how many stairs at the Hare some players had to run.

Anyone recall Dye's "Suspension" of Jeff Burger? I wonder how that would play these days and what kind of media attention it would get.

:lol::lol: Esquire, I pray for your speedy recovery! ;)

170562[/snapback]

TUBS COMPARED RB AT 240 TO R.WILLIAMS AT 210. HE SAID IT WOULD TAKE RW A YEAR TO GET HIS WEIGHT UP EVEN CLOSE TO THAT.

170606[/snapback]

240??? :blink:

I hope that he isn't too heavy, remember Ron Dayne??? Last season Dayne dropped ~ 20 lbs and was a much better back. RB's size AND quickness/speed are what made him a #2 draft pick. Good blocking skills and soft hands didn't hurt either.

170562[/snapback]

170606[/snapback]

240??? :blink:

I hope that he isn't too heavy, remember Ron Dayne??? Last season Dayne dropped ~ 20 lbs and was a much better back. RB's size AND quickness/speed are what made him a #2 draft pick. Good blocking skills and soft hands didn't hurt either.

170625[/snapback]

From what I have heard, that 240 lbs. has no excess fat. He has worked hard in the weight room and has not been eating a triple cheese burger at Wendy's three times a day.

170520[/snapback]

Right... And Nall was actually selected as OC so that we would appreciate Borges more once he was hired. :blink: This is a comment that Tubby could have kept to himself and not looked so petty. Remember Tubby's comments, about Chizik, after Chizik left AU for UT. The rift between Chizik and Tubby must have been deep at the end of Chizik's tenure.

:au:

170548[/snapback]

So Tuberville just made all of that up to take a shot at Chizik? I doubt it, if Tuberville was on that level then he would have taken his shots at OU, the media, and the system during the halftime interview of the Orange Bowl when he had the chance.

I can't remember what he said when Chizik left, I don't doubt there is a rift either, but I doubt it matters 7 months later where everyone has moved on.

Archived