Tre Smith

Tigermike

Tre Smith was taken to East Alabama Medical Center on Tuesday after he complained to team doctors about a pain in his side. Doctors examined Smith and determined that he would need emergency surgery for an appendicitis attack.

The doctors performed an emergency laparoscopic procedure on the Tigers’ tailback to fix the problem and he is doing fine at this time.

I read this on Inside the Auburn Tigers and the above is not a direct quote. :big:

Any idea on availability? I know we had a diver bust his splene and recover, winning the 10-meter platform three weeks later, but how long will Tre be out .. with CTT's comments about Tre yesterday, it would seem this could open a door for Irons/Stewart.

Any idea on availability?  I know we had a diver bust his splene and recover, winning the 10-meter platform three weeks later, but how long will Tre be out .. with CTT's comments about Tre yesterday, it would seem this could open a door for Irons/Stewart.

170784[/snapback]

About two to three weeks.

Stat, is that 3 weeks from now? Or will he miss 3 weeks of games?

170796[/snapback]

Three weeks only.

They were able to scope it, instead of major surgery, as it had NOT burst...thus the 2-3 weeks only....

:au::homer:

Auburn tailback Tre Smith underwent emergency surgery Tuesday at East Alabama Medical Center for appendicitis.

Smith complained to team doctors about a pain in his side before being taken to the hospital.

Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville told Inside the Auburn Tigers the procedure was minor, allowing Smith a quicker recovery as opposed to if the appendix had ruptured.

While Tuberville would not speculate on a timetable for Smiths recovery, the senior tailback is expected to be out for only two weeks.

Smith is expected to carry a large load of Auburns rushing attack after the departures of Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown.

Prayers for Tre and his Family. I have a daughter that will be going back to AU in a few weeks. I can only imagine her being ill and my lovelly bride and I not being there.

Prayers sent and may Tre come back healthy and ready to kick gt! :au:

Archived