Penn State v. Purdue

Randman5000

Heck of a breakup. 2:30 and Pennsylvania State University will get the ball back. The were about to save 2 timeouts that possession

This has to give Penn St fuel for the season. Don't look for them to be intimidated coming to Jordan Hare. Gutsy. 

Randman5000 signing off.

Edited by Randman5000

I was hoping Purdue would pull this one off. Horrible clock management by Purdue on those two late possessions when they had the lead. A PSU loss would have taken some of the starch out of them.

Purdue is no slouch team, they won nine games last year and have their starting QB back. We'll have our hands full with Penn St. come Sept. 17.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I was hoping Purdue would pull this one off. Horrible clock management by Purdue on those two late possessions when they had the lead. A PSU loss would have taken some of the starch out of them.

Purdue is no slouch team, they won nine games last year and have their starting QB back. We'll have our hands full with Penn St. come Sept. 17.

I don’t know how good Purdue’s DL is but Penn ST’s OL looked average at best. If AUburn’s DL is as good as the potential, I think AUburn could, dare I say, dominate the line of scrimmage. 

• Like 1

It was a good game.   What really stood out to me was the high level of QB play on both sides.

I don't think PSU will be able to run on us. Hope our pass rush and secondary plays well because Clifford is the real deal and the freshman (Allar) behind him is no slouch. 

I just hope TJ can keep them from stacking the box on defense.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

It was a good game.   What really stood out to me was the high level of QB play on both sides.

I don't think PSU will be able to run on us. Hope our pass rush and secondary plays well because Clifford is the real deal and the freshman (Allar) behind him is no slouch. 

I just hope TJ can keep them from stacking the box on defense.

Indeed and both of the QBS were USC transfers (and Daniels a second transfer from uga).  I have a lot of hope/optimism for TJ that this being year 2 in the system and the potential of the WR group, he can be a really good QB. I saw a comment about the improvements made by Leard and Campbell from one year to the next. I think TJ can make the same improvements. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I don’t know how good Purdue’s DL is but Penn ST’s OL looked average at best. If AUburn’s DL is as good as the potential, I think AUburn could, dare I say, dominate the line of scrimmage. 

I thought the same thing last year... We're better up front on D. I think

• Like 1