Update on Jason

DCTiger

The Redskins, who report to training camp Sunday, will spend the duration of this week trying to get Rogers and Campbell signed, and there is ample time to do so.

"I don't think we're close on either one right now," Cerrato said. "But I think both agents want to see what kind of deals the guys picked around them get first."

Campbell, a native of Taylorsville, Miss., who played at Auburn, said he had no indication that a deal was close, but he has moved back to his apartment in Virginia and wants to get on the field as soon as possible.

"I'm just going to let everything work itself out," Campbell said during a phone interview yesterday. "That's what I hired an agent to do, to get the best deal he can get for me. So right now I'm just working out, working really hard to stay in shape and I hope it gets done soon."

Segal, who represents Campbell as well, said he and the Redskins have not scheduled any face-to-face negotiations, but held preliminary contract talks recently. "We've had a few conversations and we're trying to move towards an agreement," Segal said.

Link

Now that no-good Rod Gardner is heading back to the Carolinas (Clemson grad), maybe Jason can get some of that good 'ol Danny Snyder money.

Archived