Jane B Moore Field Getting A Facelift

They are also fixing the flooding issue that happens from time to time in the home dugout. 

• Like 1

Thank you for posting!  I have heard the resurface has been needed for awhile. Are they going for the same surface layout or like baseball did a few years ago, a mix of natural/artificial with some new landscape lines? 

15 hours ago, AU_Canoe said:

Thank you for posting!  I have heard the resurface has been needed for awhile. Are they going for the same surface layout or like baseball did a few years ago, a mix of natural/artificial with some new landscape lines? 

From a Phillip Marshall article August 25th:

"Jane B. Moore Field will undergo some major changes before the opening of the 2023 softball season. Here is what is in the works:

--The grass playing surface will be fully resodded and the field lowered to improve drainage.

--An artificial turf warning track will be installed all the way around the field.

--The Auburn bullpen next to the player development center, will be fully covered as an extension of the player development center.

--A deck will be installed behind the left field fence with future plans to replace it with a raised berm. Padding will be removed from the left field line to the scoreboard in left-center to improve viewing."

• Like 2

I'm still concerned about removing that padding.  Hope that doesn't result in a player's being injured.   Seems better to me to elevate the seats and leave the padding in place.

Edited by OlderWhiskey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I'm still concerned about removing that padding.  Hope that doesn't result in a player's being injured.   Seems better to me to elevate the seats and leave the padding in place.

I never have watched a game from the left field side so cannot speak to fan perspective from some of the lower row seats.  Makes me wonder how far the playing surface will be lowered.  Agree, player safety should be a major consideration.

• Like 1

Nice to see that they are investing more into the Softball facilities. I remember being at AU when the softball program was first instituted, and it seemed like the softball complex, which was more like a high school facility at that time, was just superficially placed on top of a pasture. Over the years there was some work done but there appeared to be sections that still had that vibe of just superficially placed on top of legacy landscaping. I guess it's not too surprising to read about the chronic drainage issues. I am glad to read that the program is making changes. There are definitely nice softball facilities in the SEC, including OU's planned new softball complex. 

I am guessing they are opening up more viewing opportunities to enhance the environment, like they did/are doing at Plainsman Park. 

Edited by AU_Canoe
  • Like 2