Locked on Auburn podcast this morning

gr82b4au

5 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

If he is actually doing stuff like that, he is sabotaging himself, as much, if not more than he is damaging the team.  He would be harming his prospects for his next job, and drifting into being fired for cause territory.

That is the only reason I see as to why he is still coaching  this team. Trying to gather enough evidence to fire him “with cause” so we don’t have to pay him another dime.

Edited by tbone4jc

30 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

That is the only reason I see as to why he is still coaching  this team. Trying to gather enough evidence to fire him “with cause” so we don’t have to pay him another dime.

It baffles me.  He has to realize that his firing is inevitable.  All he has to do is clock in, go through the motions, then clock out.  When inevitable firing comes, it comes with a lot of money, then he moves on to whatever his next gig is.  Doing things like playing petty games with players' eligibility is how you end up being fired, without a lot of money, and you become so radioactive to recruiting that no one wants to hire you.

• Like 1