Redskins training camp

DCTiger

The Redskins held two practices on Wednesday, one in the morning and one in the evening from 7-9 p.m. The evening practice was closed to the public so that the team could focus in on specific plays.

Play of the Day: Quarterback Jason Campbell looked sharp when he hooked up with tight end Robert Royal on a seam route. Royal beat rookie linebacker Jared Newberry to the ball and took it in perfect stride.

Rookie and new signee Jason Campbell sang to his teammates at a Tuesday night meeting.

--There have been plenty of entertaining fans at camp thus far. Yesterday’s gem had a field day yelling toward the field all day. He even decided to create a few nicknames, and this one made me chuckle: He called rookie quarterback Jason Campbell “Mr. S.T.AT.” - short for “Standing Tall and Talented.” He’s not lying. Campbell is 6-foot-4 and was selected with the 25th overall pick of the NFL draft for a reason.

Carlos Rogers knew he could not practice, or even sprint for that matter, but on the evening of his first full day of NFL training camp, he could not resist suiting up in his uniform.

Rogers, the ninth overall pick and the last of the Washington Redskins' draft picks to sign, is working back from an ankle injury, but enthusiastically watched last night's practice from the sideline in his jersey and pants.

"Putting on my uniform felt good," Rogers said. "I ain't supposed to come out in my pants, but I came out in my pants just to see how it feels. It's really good to be back with my team."

Rogers, a cornerback, originally sprained his ankle while working out with college teammates in Auburn and missed much of minicamp. A stress fracture was also found in his foot, and, although surgery was not necessary, Rogers was placed in a stabilizing boot.

The Redskins held two practices on Wednesday, one in the morning and one in the evening from 7-9 p.m. The evening practice was closed to the public so that the team could focus in on specific plays.

Play of the Day: Quarterback Jason Campbell looked sharp when he hooked up with tight end Robert Royal on a seam route. Royal beat rookie linebacker Jared Newberry to the ball and took it in perfect stride.

Rookie and new signee Jason Campbell sang to his teammates at a Tuesday night meeting.

--There have been plenty of entertaining fans at camp thus far. Yesterday’s gem had a field day yelling toward the field all day. He even decided to create a few nicknames, and this one made me chuckle: He called rookie quarterback Jason Campbell “Mr. S.T.AT.” - short for “Standing Tall and Talented.” He’s not lying. Campbell is 6-foot-4 and was selected with the 25th overall pick of the NFL draft for a reason.

Carlos Rogers knew he could not practice, or even sprint for that matter, but on the evening of his first full day of NFL training camp, he could not resist suiting up in his uniform.

Rogers, the ninth overall pick and the last of the Washington Redskins' draft picks to sign, is working back from an ankle injury, but enthusiastically watched last night's practice from the sideline in his jersey and pants.

"Putting on my uniform felt good," Rogers said. "I ain't supposed to come out in my pants, but I came out in my pants just to see how it feels. It's really good to be back with my team."

Rogers, a cornerback, originally sprained his ankle while working out with college teammates in Auburn and missed much of minicamp. A stress fracture was also found in his foot, and, although surgery was not necessary, Rogers was placed in a stabilizing boot.

172404[/snapback]

:cheer:

You know, I've always been much more of a college football fan and just watch pro-football on days when there's no college football to watch (or go to). But this year will be different. Just gotta support my Tigers no matter who they play for this year! It's really made the long hot summer go by just a little faster when I can catch up on Jason, Carlos, Carnell & Ronnie. Thanks guys, and

WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, what about Junior? I know he tried out with Seattle, but I kind of lost track. Did he sign with them?

Yeah, Junoir signed in May with Seattle. He is listed at 4th string, so he may be on the practice squad come September.

Here is another reason to be a Redskins fan:

-- Speaking of autographs, how about a little round of applause for linebacker Marcus Washington. For two straight days he’s stayed outside in the blazing heat for at least 20 minutes and signed for scores of fans. And when people yell to him, he always responds. One young boy with a football was accidentally skipped, and Washington said, “If you can reach me with a pass, I’ll sign it.” The kid reared back and threw a 20-yard bullet, and Washington smiled and signed the ball.

Archived