Bama Schedules 12th Game for 2006

Proud Tiger

bama has scheduled football powerhouse Duke for it's 12th game in 2006. Shula is getting desperate for wins. :D

173051[/snapback]

Some things never change ... this is the way Bryant liked to schedule.

To be honest guys...right now we can't say crap about other peoples out of conference schedule...OURS SUCKS!!!!

They are going to use the same arguement, which is a good one, about playing in the SEC is hard enough...

Be careful of what you make fun of because 1. Auburn hasn't annouced their 12 game yet, and 2. We have been defending our schedule last year and this year the same way Bama will defend theirs.

You can't have it both ways! Either claim that Auburn needs to get more high profile teams to come in or keep your mouth shut when other teams do the same.

WAR EAGLE!!!

I may be wrong, if so it will not be a first, BUT ...I do not believe that "coach" shula will be the one roaming the uat sidelines in '06. ;)

I read that part of the problem is that the big dogs are hard to schedule this late in the game.

I also read that AU refused to budge on the Iron Bowl (when we had a bigger team we could have scheduled)

We do have a Home & Home in the works with either OU or USC for 09.

Lets wait and see what other schools do about the 12th game before ya go doggin bama.

I was reading an article on ESPN that said that Auburn wanted a home and home with Notre Dame and they turned us down. I'm not sure if they were asking for this season or starting in 06, but it said that they turned us down.

Actually, they scheduled to play Duke's BASKETBALL team in 2006. Now they might give the Tide a game. :P

Honestly, while it's a joke of a game, I'd settle for any team from a BCS conference for our 12th game even if they're a lower tier team from that conference. I'd just like to see some name recognition in the team we play and not a directional school. I wouldn't mind seeing us schedule Illinois or Indiana, Arizona or Stanford. Heck, even Baylor would attract more attention than Western Kentucky.

Actually, they scheduled to play Duke's BASKETBALL team in 2006.  Now they might give the Tide a game. :P

Honestly, while it's a joke of a game, I'd settle for any team from a BCS conference for our 12th game even if they're a lower tier team from that conference.  I'd just like to see some name recognition in the team we play and not a directional school.  I wouldn't mind seeing us schedule Illinois or Indiana, Arizona or Stanford.  Heck, even Baylor would attract more attention than Western Kentucky.

173066[/snapback]

Absolutely agree!!!

Maisel indicated that Auburn had attempted to set up home v homes with Michigan and Notre Dame - and was turned down for both.

He actually ridiculed both schools for turning down Auburn - it was in his chat wrap

Guest Tigrinum Major
Actually, they scheduled to play Duke's BASKETBALL team in 2006.  Now they might give the Tide a game. :P

Honestly, while it's a joke of a game, I'd settle for any team from a BCS conference for our 12th game even if they're a lower tier team from that conference.  I'd just like to see some name recognition in the team we play and not a directional school.  I wouldn't mind seeing us schedule Illinois or Indiana, Arizona or Stanford.  Heck, even Baylor would attract more attention than Western Kentucky.

173066[/snapback]

Anyone ever told you that you could earn a living as a lawyer? Your arguments are always so well thought out and meaningful. What is your job again? :poke:

I agree that ANY ACC, Big Televen, Big XXII, or PAC-10 team is better than the crap we get dished every year. The one good thing about it is an abundance of cheap tickets so I take all my kids.

Duke is a weak opponent, but at least Bama won't be the best team they play all year. A lot fo teams we play, we are by far the most talented team on their schedule.

I wonder if the UNC message boards are making fun of Duke for scheduling such a weak team? :poke: BG03.

You can't have it both ways! Either claim that Auburn needs to get more high profile teams to come in or keep your mouth shut when other teams do the same.

WAR EAGLE!!!

173055[/snapback]

Thanks for you advice. I will take it for it's worth :poke:

I read that part of the problem is that the big dogs are hard to schedule this late in the game.

I also read that AU refused to budge on the Iron Bowl (when we had a bigger team we could have scheduled)

We constantly hear about bama going to play some big name in the future but it never seems to happen.

Lets wait and see what other schools do about the 12th game before ya go doggin bama.

Wait to dog bama? No way. I like to dog bama everyday. :poke:

173060[/snapback]

We constantly hear about bama going to play some big name in the future but it never seems to happen.

Wait to dog bama? No way. I like to dog bama everyday. :poke:

173060[/snapback]

173087[/snapback]

You are right again PT. Why wait? Do it today and EVERY day! :roflol::poke:

173060[/snapback]

Typical UAT reply, Blame someone else:

"I also read that AU refused to budge on the Iron Bowl (when we had a bigger team we could have scheduled)" :no:

Guest Tigrinum Major

173060[/snapback]

Typical UAT reply, Blame someone else:

"I also read that AU refused to budge on the Iron Bowl (when we had a bigger team we could have scheduled)" :no:

173146[/snapback]

The reason we wouldn't budge (I suspect) is that we wanted the off week between the Bama game and the SECCG. Bama doesn't have to worry about that. They have all the time in the world between playing us and their annual Christmas Day bowl...or until the next season.

Archived