Will Ronnie play tonight?

vatz22au

Ronnie needs to step up and sign something so he can join the team that gave him the opportunity in the first place. period.

One of the problems with athlets in today's world is the agents who represent them. Although I agree that sports agents are necessary to guide an athlete through the legal aspects of professional sports, the fact still remains that they retain 10 to 15% of their clients earnings. This may be stating the obvious but these guys see green. They don't see the teammates that their clients are letting down by holding out, they don't see the damage that they are doing to their clients reputation to his employers, and they certainly don't see the damage that they are doing to their client's career. They want to get the most money out of their client when they can. Do any of you see drafted basketball or baseball players hold out for money? Rarely.

The reason why is football is a contact sport and the agents don't know if their number one pick will be physically able to play in the NFL after their first contract has expired. Therefore, they encourage their clients to get the most while their status is at an all time high. You don't see this method in other sports because the longevity in careers in baseball and basketball are significantly higher than football.

I don't know if I should mention this but I have noticed that most of the NFL holdouts over the last fifteen years have failed miserably in the NFL.

I just hope that Ronnie signs and does not succumb to this fate.

Alex

No Ronnie but there are 2 former tigers starting for Miami tonight. Heath Evans and Jeno James.

Most of the top picks have yet to sign.

Well I definitely like Carnell's attitude...always have. "Grag your damn lunch pale and hard hat and get to friggin work." :thumbsup:

I hope Ronnie signs, cause I really want to see him play. More than likely if Ronnie signs, he'll be a starter for the Dolphins cause I think marijuana smoking Ricky Williams is suspended for most of the season. ;):au:

I hope Ronnie signs, cause I really want to see him play. More than likely if Ronnie signs, he'll be a starter for the Dolphins cause I think marijuana smoking Ricky Williams is suspended for most of the season.  ;)   :au:

173101[/snapback]

Isnt he only suspended for about 2-4 games?

If Ronnie hasn't signed he won't play. Look at what has alreday happened to Marcus Spears in Dallas.

173085[/snapback]

What happened to Marcus Spears in Dallas? I saw where Marcus Spears, 11 year veteran OT with the Browns was released today. Is that what you were thinking of or is there a huge coincidence?

Marcus Spears

The reason why is football is a contact sport and the agents don't know if their number one pick will be physically able to play in the NFL after their first contract has expired. Therefore, they encourage their clients to get the most while their status is at an all time high.

173075[/snapback]

Um, that benefits the hypothetical player as well.

If Ronnie hasn't signed he won't play. Look at what has alreday happened to Marcus Spears in Dallas.

173085[/snapback]

What happened to Marcus Spears in Dallas?

173104[/snapback]

The Marcus Spears in Dallas signed a five-year, $9.35 million deal with $6.7 million guaranteed two Saturdays ago. He is expected to be out 2-4 weeks with a second-degree sprain of the MCL in his right knee, high ankle sprain and strained groin suffered this past friday.

One thing we should keep in mind is that these guys are going to be locked into a contract for quite a while. Ronnie Brown wants to get what he feels he deserves, and we shouldnt fault him for that. If he settles for a lesser amount compared to the people that were drafted around him, he will be cheating himself. He will be setting the standard for future contracts.

I hope Ronnie signs, cause I really want to see him play. More than likely if Ronnie signs, he'll be a starter for the Dolphins cause I think marijuana smoking Ricky Williams is suspended for most of the season.  ;)    :au:

173101[/snapback]

173102[/snapback]

I believe so, let me double check, but I do belive its only 4 games.

I hope Ronnie signs, cause I really want to see him play. More than likely if Ronnie signs, he'll be a starter for the Dolphins cause I think marijuana smoking Ricky Williams is suspended for most of the season.  ;)   :au:

173101[/snapback]

173102[/snapback]

*Only* a 4 game suspension. That leaves 1 game to be played before the trade deadline. Ronnie needs to sign, take his $19 mill, I know it's difficult to get by on that pitiful sum of money, and play ball.

Note: former Heisman hopeful Kay Jay Harris is on the Miami roster. He was a pretty good back before injuries slowed him down...sign Ronnie. :no:

Guess what happens if Ronnie shows up to camp without a contract and gets his knee blown to pieces??

Dolphins: "Thanks for giving it a shot kid. Have a nice life!"

The NFL is big business for players and owners. They'll get the contract signed and he'll start for the Dolphins in game one.

173108[/snapback]

Doesn't he also owe the Dolphins $8million?

173108[/snapback]

Doesn't he also owe the Dolphins $8million?

173111[/snapback]

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2116037

He owes exactly $8.6 Million to the Dolphins.

Watched most of the game. Here's a list of things that stood out in my opinion.

1.Manuel Wright is way out of shape and sucks.

2.Kay Jay Harris is only good on screen passes to him.

3.Kyle Orton played well.

4.Dolphins dont have many weapons on offense so defenses can tee off on the run game.

Ma

nuel Wright is way out of shape and sucks

:thumbsup:

and crying into his shirt on another thread somewhere.

Archived