Rating Offensive Lines

Proud Tiger

College Football News ( www.collegefootballnews.com ) has a rating out on offensive lines. They have Auburn rated 40th. Wow they don't have much respect for us. But wait.......guess who they have rated 90th..........................................

bama, just in front of Duke, How are the bammers going to win the West, the SECC and the MNC with the 90th rated OL? :big::big:

Georgia is getting a lot of hype with their O-line just because they are returing the front five. When you look at an O-Line, you have to look at the people they have backing them up as well as the starting five. If somebody goes down, things could get very interesting.

I think our boys will go out there and show them what they think of that #40 ranking. HA! Apparently they didn't do their research because we've got a lot of depth at almost every position. I can't wait until September 3rd.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

:blink: ? :blink: ?

I agree that depth is essential on the O-line. They have to give their all every play, and it's too easy to get minor sprains & bruises in the trenchs. It's brutal and they aren't called "the trenchs" for nothing. Fortunately we have both great depth and great starters.

But here's a logic question for you:

If NFL talent is so key that we're going to suck due to all the 1st-round draft choices we lost, how can we have no better than the 40th best line in the country when we are anchored by sure 1st-rounder (and best lineman in the country in almost everyone's opinion) Marcus McNeil?

Oh well. AUBURN: Home of the Overachieving Underdogs--that's the way it was in my youth (the '60's & '70's) and it still feels good when we surprize and embarrass people.

Georgia is getting a lot of hype with their O-line just because they are returing the front five.  When you look at an O-Line, you have to look at the people they have backing them up as well as the starting five.  If somebody goes down, things could get very interesting.

173162[/snapback]

I hardly think depth will be too much of a problem for Georgia. They've had some of the best recruiting in the SEC over the past 5 years.

Georgia will win the East this year and lose to LSU in the SECCG.

Georgia is getting a lot of hype with their O-line just because they are returing the front five.  When you look at an O-Line, you have to look at the people they have backing them up as well as the starting five.  If somebody goes down, things could get very interesting.

173162[/snapback]

I hardly think depth will be too much of a problem for Georgia. They've had some of the best recruiting in the SEC over the past 5 years.

Georgia will win the East this year and lose to LSU in the SECCG.

173183[/snapback]

thank you Nostradamus

Archived