Plainsmen Park update/roster update

I dropped by today and visited with some of the coaches and staff.   I also got to tour the field and the changes being made.   For the coaches and staff, the MLB draft was not kind to us, particularly at the shortstop position.   But, they feel good about where we are.   They mentioned a freshman shortstop originally from Panama who prepped in Georgia.   He checks a lot of boxes.   This staff has worked really hard over the past 3 months.    The JUCO outfielder that just signed with the Yankees is a real sore spot.   Butch got a knee replacement Friday so I didn't get to see him today, but I was informed he called the kid and wished him luck but sternly reminded the kid that his word is worth something and he shouldn't tell somebody something if he didn't intend to follow through. That is one of the many reasons why I love our coach.   He has country boy values that just plain make so much sense and used to be universally adhered to.   I was also informed that he called the kid's agent and told him he will never deal with him or one of his client's ever again.   It takes a lot to get CBT hot, but once it happens -- look out.    The infield grass has been completely pulled up and re-soded.   What was the weight room and the lettermen's room, all under the right foul line bleachers, have been completely gutted to make way for the to be air conditioned common area/concession area.   All the weight equipment has been moved and reinstalled in the building behind the left field line where the coaches offices used to be.    That is where the weight room will remain.   They have already cut one hole out of the brick/concrete wall that will lead down into the common area/concession area.   All of the rubber floor matting in both dugouts has been replaced.   The park is going to be awesome when complete!!!!!  I would guess that there were close to 50 workers there today.   Last nugget, they think Joseph is going to be just fine.   He starts throwing again in about 10 days.   I was told the shoulder issue was one he has been dealing with off and on for over 3 years.   I was also told that it was not a major surgery/not a lot had to be done to correct it.  All that leads to the thinking that he is going to be just fine.    War Eagle.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2