Mojo

auburnatl1

What was special about last year with caddy was that even though we were outgunned during his interim tenure, the team played with crazy passion and even (somehow) confidence. We won and we lost but the offense felt absolutely electric. They were having fun and unified.  This year the offense (obviously still outgunned) doesn’t have same mojo.  It can’t be all about new players or X’s and O’s. Candidly they look flat and terrified of their own shadow at times. Is that fair? If so, is it PT? Fear of failing? What?

In my opinion, the problem is the players' inability to execute.  And I'm not dissing them personally, they just aren't talented enough to excel in the SEC West.

Dang y'all, Freeze hasn't even had the opportunity to complete one recruiting cycle yet in the toughest division in college football.  Saban only went 7-6 his first year at Bama with better players than ours.

Give the man the 3 years he deserves.  At that point, you'll probably be satisfied with his results.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

In my opinion, the problem is the players' inability to execute.  And I'm not dissing them personally, they just aren't talented enough to excel in the SEC West.

Dang y'all, Freeze hasn't even had the opportunity to complete one recruiting cycle yet in the toughest division in college football.  Saban only went 7-6 his first year at Bama with better players than ours.

Give the man the 3 years he deserves.  At that point, you'll probably be satisfied with his results.

Wasn’t criticizing freeze.

• Like 1

I think people thought because the PTB and boosters were behind Freeze and "This is the first time in a long time everyone is pulling in the same direction" it would result in wins. It won't. Only play on the field will. And the way it's looking right now, we won't win many games this year but if Freeze can get some players in here then we'll see what happens. But yes, this team is playing uninspired football right now and it's boring to watch, except when the defense is on the field!

• Like 1

Most on here said 7 wins this yr. There is a path to get there. Of course,  improvement is needed on Offense to get there. But be aware we may lose our next 3. Even so, there is still a path to 7 wins. Gotta look at the schedule in increments. With improvement,  even in losses, we can get there.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

What was special about last year with caddy was that even though we were outgunned during his interim tenure, the team played with crazy passion and even (somehow) confidence. We won and we lost but the offense felt absolutely electric. They were having fun and unified.  This year the offense (obviously still outgunned) doesn’t have same mojo.  It can’t be all about new players or X’s and O’s. Candidly they look flat and terrified of their own shadow at times. Is that fair? If so, is it PT? Fear of failing? What?

You say there’s an absence of passion and confidence….I saw one of our players confidently and passionately wagging his finger all day. :dunno:

I know I’m being snarky/sarcastic, but I did witness it. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Most on here said 7 wins this yr. There is a path to get there. Of course,  improvement is needed on Offense to get there. But be aware we may lose our next 3. Even so, there is still a path to 7 wins. Gotta look at the schedule in increments. With improvement,  even in losses, we can get there.  

Are you thinking arky? Because they looked pretty damn impressive last night vs lsu. Good qb, well coached, team energy. 

Edited by auburnatl1

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Are you thinking arky? Because they looked pretty damn impressive last night vs lsu. Good qb, well coached, team energy. 

Yes, they looked good vs lsu.  That was a good game throughout.  
may I say I absolutely hate the new clock rule?  And there were many times when we had the ball where I thought we were milking the clock down, I guess trying to give the D a breather?  IDK

9 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

We need 4 more.. Ole miss, arky, vandy, new mexico, moo state. Bama ain't world beaters either. Mid tier bowl opponent. Yes, it's doable. With some improvements on offense.