AU loses Payout Lead

AU120289

Just wait till Auburn goes 8-4next year and 5-7 in year 3 starting a bunch of sophomores and everyone starts screaming for Coach Drink.

9 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Easy money club:

rawImage.jpg

That is ridiculous.  Those two are not even in the same stratosphere.  

Despite everyone’s Gus hate, he (with Cam) delivered a long sought championship. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Despite everyone’s Gus hate, he (with Cam) delivered a long sought championship. 

Nothing in that post indicated hate.  I like Gus the man, and Gus the OC, just fine.  You misinterpreted.

Just a picture of two famous football coaches with huge buyouts.

Edited by WillMunny
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WillMunny said:

Nothing in that post indicated hate.  I like Gus the man, and Gus the OC, just fine.  You misinterpreted.

Not directed directly at you except for the first sentence.  The amount of money paid to those two is like winning a Pick Three and a (low) Powerball. 

IMHO, the notion of corporate execs, coaches, etc.,  getting HUGE payouts when they are fired for poor results, bad behavior, incompetence, etc. is beyond ridiculous and the practice should stop.  The people at the top are already privileged to 'earn' huge salaries that should set them up for life.  Meanwhile the other 99% can be unceremoniously booted from jobs due to factors outside of their control (outsourcing, corporate mergers, bad economy, corporate malfeasance, etc.) and many get little to nothing to tide them over.   Life isn't fair to be sure, but inequities like this are controllable.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

IMHO, the notion of corporate execs, coaches, etc.,  getting HUGE payouts when they are fired for poor results, bad behavior, incompetence, etc. is beyond ridiculous and the practice should stop.  The people at the top are already privileged to 'earn' huge salaries that should set them up for life.  Meanwhile the other 99% can be unceremoniously booted from jobs due to factors outside of their control (outsourcing, corporate mergers, bad economy, corporate malfeasance, etc.) and many get little to nothing to tide them over.   Life isn't fair to be sure, but inequities like this are controllable.

Thanks, Karl. 

15 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

A lot of similarities between Gus/Auburn/Cam and Jimbo/FSU/Jameis 

5 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

You're pretty much just talking about coaches (every one of them) and a miniscule handful of infamous CEOs. You like the broad brushes much?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Nope.  

I would submit Gus has better results with less credit than that idiot since the seasons in question. 

Edited by Dwayne Pride

1 minute ago, AUINSY said:

Except that Gus did it again with a converted DB. And nearly pulled it off another time. Jimbo was a one hit wonder. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TigerHorn said:

Except that Gus did it again with a converted DB. And nearly pulled it off another time. Jimbo was a one hit wonder. 

Horseshoes and hand grenades, shoulda/woulda/coulda 

1 minute ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Close only counts in slow dancing.  Keep up. 

That’s exactly what I’m telling the both of you, lol…glad you’re finally getting it

Edited by AUINSY

1 minute ago, TigerHorn said:

You're pretty much just talking about coaches (every one of them) and a miniscule handful of infamous CEOs. You like the broad brushes much?

No broad brushes.  As I clearly stated, I'm talking about highly paid people who are fired for cause but get huge payouts.  It is a small but highly visible group of people.  And I would guess that most people think it's not right.

Just now, Golden Eagle said:

No broad brushes.  As I clearly stated, I'm talking about highly paid people who are fired for cause but get huge payouts.  It is a small but highly visible group of people.  And I would guess that most people think it's not right.

Life isn’t fair.  No one held a gun to TAMU to sign that stupid contract. 

I can’t believe I am semi-defending Jimbo.  By the way, what grown man still goes by Jimbo?  A rich one, apparently. 

Just now, Dwayne Pride said:

Did you really laugh out loud?  Get out of the 90’s.  

LOL! I did, and did again…ok boomer. “Lol” is definitely not a 90’s thing. I’ll take your advice from a few days ago and give you the block. 

Just now, AUINSY said:

LOL! I did, and did again…ok boomer. “Lol” is definitely not a 90’s thing. I’ll take your advice from a few days ago and give you the block. 

Then where did lol come from, millennial?  The 70’s?  80’s?  2000’s?   No matter where it came from, it’s stupid. 

1 minute ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Then where did lol come from, millennial?  The 70’s?  80’s?  2000’s?   No matter where it came from, it’s stupid. 

I remember my first lol was in an email in 2003. I said WTH is "lowl" !?!

My cousin had to explain it to me...God I miss the 90's

• Love 1

1 minute ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

I remember my first lol was in an email in 2003. I said WTH is "lowl" !?!

My cousin had to explain it to me...God I miss the 90's

Good Lawd.  Were you home schooled to that point?