12 Team Playoffs to crush other bowl support ?

NCTiger1982

Hey Gang ! 
Just interested in your take on CFB bowls next year with the number of opt outs. A few random thoughts  

1) 12 team playoff will keep most high profile players from opting out to pursue a NC. 
2) As player bowl game opt outs escalate one or both teams may go from an exciting match up to a glorified scrimmage. I think this will impact ticket sales and eventually sponsors as viewership outside fans of both teams drops. For example OSU last night was not close to the same team they were a few weeks ago. I would imagine only those 2 fan bases watched that entire game. 
3) NIL bonuses to prevent opt outs ? 

Like I was glad to see Ohio State 

• Like 1

That game was brutal.  Neither team was a shadow of itself.  

I think the bowls stay around and eventually the whole sport is restructured some way like has been discussed in another thread. 

10 minutes ago, NCTiger1982 said:

Hey Gang ! 
Just interested in your take on CFB bowls next year with the number of opt outs. A few random thoughts  

1) 12 team playoff will keep most high profile players from opting out to pursue a NC. 
2) As player bowl game opt outs escalate one or both teams may go from an exciting match up to a glorified scrimmage. I think this will impact ticket sales and eventually sponsors as viewership outside fans of both teams drops. For example OSU last night was not close to the same team they were a few weeks ago. I would imagine only those 2 fan bases watched that entire game. 
3) NIL bonuses to prevent opt outs ? 

Like I was glad to see Ohio State 

#3 would be pay for play and violate NIL rules.

That said, a lawyer could craft a contract that infers more exposure increases NIL value, and somehow work it in. It is the legal bastardization of NIL (which every other level of sport calls “endorsements”) which created the NIL collectives.