Vandy is struggling, but....

Elevated court, seems to throw off a lot of visiting teams. Bruce can't feed them the same energy from below the court, and shooting percentage tends to take a hit.

I think this year's team feeds off each other more than past seasons. If we take care of the ball and play tough defense like usual, we should win comfortably IMO.

• Like 1

We just got over an entire season's worth of snow, about 8", in one day, and temps are getting colder (approaching 0) through Wed morning.  More snow expected Thursday.  Ya'll be careful if traveling up here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Vandy is a decent team with a bad record. Lost a lot of close games. They will definitely beat us if we don't come in ready to play our best. 

But i do like our chances in the game. We already don't shoot great percentages so a bad shooting night due to the gym being a weird layout should not bother us a lot. We have the inside players and driving ability to not rely on the outside shot. Hopefully our players remember this. And we play great defense and rebound well so if that stays true we should be alright in this game. 

• Like 1

Vandy is not a good team. We are better in virtually every statistical category and obviously better by the eye test. The primary test this game poses is our mental toughness to play with a high level of intensity early in the game and get a good lead and remove any potential late game drama. 

I honestly think our depth really helps in this area, because as each rotational group goes in they really want to play well. I don't want to communicate that they are battling for more or less playing time, because I don't think that is it. The personalities on our second group help in this area as well. 

What I don't want to see is us mess around an play sloppy the way bama did vs mizzou las night. A good team playing poorly vs a bad team and having to make clutch shots late to put it away. 

• Like 2