So if Reggie Bush gets the trophy returned

then all universities including Auburn should be able to receive reparations for being on probation and claim championships. 

• Like 3

i just posted the articles on the rivals forum.

Well deserved imo. If you, the Heisman Trust, can rationalize the other very publicized USC RB keeping his heisman, no one should be able to lose their heisman. 

I can understand upholding probations and the like, mainly because I have no clue how you would reward someone definitively for lost games played, but a heisman should be held separately. 

• Like 2

In looking at the ESPN tweet, the committee’s logic was in reference to student athlete compensation. It makes sense for them to reward the student athlete here. It doesn’t seem like they’re forgiving the colleges, unless there’s a quote I’m missing 

Honestly, if the Heisman committee and Bush had any integrity, they would be giving it to Vince Young instead. I think he proved in the National Championship game who the real best player was. 

• Like 1

IMO, I don’t agree with this decision. While the rules have changed, he knew what they were at the time and willingly broke them. But it is what it is. I’m not going to lose any sleep over it either way.

As for teams in trouble being somehow affected, I don’t really agree with that either. I also think that would be harder to restore…

• Like 2

PR attempt by NCAA which right now is sucking wind badly. Typically repugnant "logic" of our post-reason era. Reggie Bush got caught on a grand scale not playing by the rules colleges agreed the NCAA could create and enforce. However, because others ALSO broke the rules and the SCOTUS told NCAA to change the rules, his cheating is now okay.