Dutch government finally takes shape

I can offer few thoughts on their government, but just got back from a vacation in the Netherlands. Fabulous place to visit, with some of the friendliest people of anywhere we’ve been. They’re also some of the most intelligent. Even little kids were walking around speaking multiple languages. 

Sounds like they have had enough of the multicultural experiment and green thinking w/o nuclear power.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Sounds like they have had enough of the multicultural experiment and green thinking w/o nuclear power.

Only a quarter of voters made his party the largest and this is a coalition. Pretty sure any sea change on Dutch climate policy puts his government at risk. 

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Only a quarter of voters made his party the largest and this is a coalition. Pretty sure any sea change on Dutch climate policy puts his government at risk. 

How does going nuclear affect the sea levels? What is the draw back, climate wise, with nuclear power?

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

How does going nuclear affect the sea levels? What is the draw back, climate wise, with nuclear power?

I’m a fan of nuclear power and think it’s an effective stop gap until renewables are 100% viable for our needs.

Geert’s big thing is immigration and asylum policy. If he can move the needle on anything it’ll be that.

He’s also, believe it or not, a right wing liberal, which is not an oxymoron over there. He favors some serious bolstering of the social safety net. That’s probably pie in the sky too. 

• Like 2