Was this...

OKieAuburnDoug

First of all, that pic is so blurry I can barely make out who Aromashadu is. Secondly, if it's the play I think it was it probably was PI.

BUT....

Regardless of whether or not it was a bad call, you can't blame a loss or a win on the officials. Bad calls are all a part of the game. If one call makes or breaks the game for you, you weren't playing well enough to win in the first place. I remember last year when UAT had a questionable PI call and everyone made fun of our UAT posters for questioning it because of the same reasons I just said. Let's not be hypocrites and sound like those folks.

Regardless of whether or not it was a bad call, you can't blame a loss or a win on the officials.  Bad calls are all a part of the game.  If one call makes or breaks the game for you, you weren't playing well enough to win in the first place.  I remember last year when UAT had a questionable PI call and everyone made fun of our UAT posters for questioning it because of the same reasons I just said.  Let's not be hypocrites and sound like those folks.

179655[/snapback]

I agree 100%.

We need to take care of business and make it so a bad call (or 2 or 3 or 4) does not make a difference in the outcome.

No.

179656[/snapback]

I have to disagree with you.

A defensive player MUST TURN AROUND TO PLAY THE BALL.

He can not just jump when the O player does and hope to get his hands on the ball.

Blurry or not you can clearly see the D player facing the O player.

WAR EAGLE!!!

BEAT MSU!!!

pass interference....

PI by GT to DO

179641[/snapback]

This reminds me of the umpteen million screen shots and videos posted of last years LSU/Bama game pass interference call. It was stupid then and it is stupid now. Next are we going to talk about "moral victories"?

pass interference....

PI by GT to DO

179641[/snapback]

This reminds me of the umpteen million screen shots and videos posted of last years LSU/Bama game pass interference call. It was stupid then and it is stupid now. Next are we going to talk about "moral victories"?

179706[/snapback]

true but the SEC HoO apologized....there was no excuse in either. This was not anywhere near the worst no-call in the game..

I DON'T BLAME the players...

half the coach's fault half on the official's letting our boy get assaulted in every quarter..sorry if it sounds like sour grapes but this game had as many PF no calls as the previous 20 years worth of AU games I've see,,,COMBINED!

I'm DONE NOW LET'S KICK THE DAWGS!!!

READY FOR THE IRON SHOW BABY!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

The gt game is HISTORY. Move on. Up next....Kick the dogs! :au:

Guest Tigrinum Major

I am tired of seeing good Auburn people continue to whine and cry about the referees. Did they get every call or no-call right Saturday night? No. Are they human? Yes. Did they purposely try to influence the outcome of the game? In my opinion, no. I cannot say that with 100% certainty, but in my heart, I believe no.

I am a high school basketball referee that has called many a big game deep into the state playoffs and I have had the opportunity to meet college officials, both basketball, baseball and football. I get tired of listening to the continual whining and crying about a call three days after the fact. Make your view on the call or calls known, realize that it won't change anything and move on. The constant complaining days after the fact is ridiculous.

Sports officials are human, they make mistakes. Accept it and, in the words of Tim, move on and get ready for the next one.

I have to disagree with you.

A defensive player MUST TURN AROUND TO PLAY THE BALL.

He can not just jump when the O player does and hope to get his hands on the ball.

Blurry or not you can clearly see the D player facing the O player.

WAR EAGLE!!!

BEAT MSU!!!

179704[/snapback]

Disagree all you want. Quote me the rulebook if you wish (or even your interpretation of the rulebookl.)

Reality: it's not PI unless the ref calls it.

Facts: This is a very blurry & highly pixilated still shot. One cannot determine an act of motion like PI from a single still shot -- you need a video clip of the entire play. The refs didn't call PI.

Conclusion: no PI.

Archived