Pre-Game video

AWK

http://aunews.net/Comments/frmComment.aspx?COM_ID=48

I read this article and agreed with a lot of what he is saying. There is no more tiger growling to get everyone pumped up, No more Bush saying War Eagle, and the Video is sorta disappointing compared to last year. I think this might be a key part of the problem that many people on the board have discussed(about the crowed not being pumped up).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, for the most part, as well. What happened to the Tiger Growl to get the crowd UP before a big play? :blink:

As for Jim saying "TDA! ! !", Well, THAT would REALLY get the Crowd into it. :au::cheer:

I don't know if I'd call the video "lame" but I'd probably call it mediocre. It doesn't get me fired up like some of the past ones have...I still think one of the best ones they ever had was the one from a few years ago where they showed the Tiger walking past Toomers with nuclear explosions going on in the background.

I pretty much agree with the guy who wrote that article. I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more tiger growling.

I don't know if I'd call the video "lame" but I'd probably call it mediocre.  It doesn't get me fired up like some of the past ones have...I still think one of the best ones they ever had was the one from a few years ago where they showed the Tiger walking past Toomers with nuclear explosions going on in the background.

I pretty much agree with the guy who wrote that article.  I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more tiger growling.

180755[/snapback]

lol so true, Man i wanna hear that growl so bad so i have a reason next game to lose my voice(because i lose it every gane screaming anyway). :D

First of all just wanted to say that I am a new user, but longtime reader of these forums. I think that it these are by far some of the best forums to discuss football and look forward to doing so.

Now to the reason for this post....I too am really disappointed with the video shown just before kickoff, it just doesn't get the crowd going like the one last year. I think that if we had a better video then the crowd would get more excited which would better motivate our players and also intimidate the other team. I e-mailed the athletic department to let them know I was less than pleased with the new video...I'll be sure to let you all know if I receive a response. Perhaps those who do not like the new video could also e-mail the athletic department and they could look into getting the same folks who did last years video to do a new one....just a thought.

The vidoe needs to go! The "Eye of the Tiger" music was great! Why stop it? I am still upset that we have to hear the Auburn band play the UAT song!!! :puke: Please, everyone call or email the athletic office about this!!! This is one tragedy we can hopefully stop!!! :au:

Perhaps those who do not like the new video could also e-mail the athletic department and they could look into getting the same folks who did last years video to do a new one....just a thought.

180879[/snapback]

I believe that the person who created last years video is no longer working with the university.

Perhaps those who do not like the new video could also e-mail the athletic department and they could look into getting the same folks who did last years video to do a new one....just a thought.

180879[/snapback]

I believe that the person who created last years video is no longer working with the university.

180934[/snapback]

I believe that they hired outside the university this year, prior to the Georgia Tech game they had a Video floating around the internet called the Pre-game video, and according to many reliable sources it was the one that was going to be played. However, I dont know if they didnt finish in time or if they had contract problems, but they havent shown that video yet. Im tellin you though, and people here who have seen the video will agree with me, If they played the video thats on the internet it is 1000 times better than the current one!! :cheer:

The person who produced the pregame video AND did all the producing of the live shots for the jumbotron during the game is no longer contracted to do the work at Auburn. In fact, since Auburn didn't renew his contact (something we found out late in the summer by someone outside of the Athletic department) UGA has now hired him. So, when you go to the UGA game this year, please take not of what they are doing and understand that could have been at Auburn.

I don't know all the reasons why they didn't hire him back and decided to use the feed from the pay-per-view, but I would agree it's not nearly as good as what we have had the last several years.

There still is Eye of the Tiger when the players come onto the field, it is just more in the background I think. What you are mainly hearing are radio calls from past plays over the top of Eye of the Tiger.

I am very disappointed with the overall look of the video this year from start to finish. The plain :au: with white around the edges doesn't look professional and the pre-game video has been much better in past years. I had better looking graphics when I ran video at the Hoover Met a couple of years ago.

Oh and an update about the opposing fight songs during pre-game... obviously you heard them play :msu: 's fight song, and my buddies in the band said that they are still going to do it, including the UAT game. My friend that is in the band went on to say, "I think we might actually get boos from the Auburn home crowd, and honestly I kinda hope we do because even though it's classy we don't need to be playing that song."

Oh and an update about the opposing fight songs during pre-game... obviously you heard them play  :msu: 's fight song, and my buddies in the band said that they are still going to do it, including the UAT game.  My friend that is in the band went on to say, "I think we might actually get boos from the Auburn home crowd, and honestly I kinda hope we do because even though it's classy we don't need to be playing that song."

181135[/snapback]

I have yet to get to a game this season but, I am the only one who thinks that is just ridiculous? Why would we want to play another teams fight song before the game? We are there for a good 60 minutes worth of a slugfest not meet and greet with the other school. It would be on the same level as when you were in grade school complimenting little johnny before you bust his lip and send him home crying. In regards to UAT I think I would be physically sick to hear the AUBURN band playing trashy songs like that. :puke::puke::bs::bs:

So, what I am hearing is (1) the "attitude...courage...spirit..etc" video that circulated on the internet earlier this year is not the pre-game video being used and (2) our band is playing other school's fight songs!!! What the heck is going on?! :blink: Why are we playing the other team's fight song? Hey, I am all about being classy, but why is doing that considered classy and by whom? Who the heck wants to hear the other team play their fight song? It is moronic if you ask me. Whoever thought if doing that needs to have a good dressing down by :au: Nation.

All of you guys made great points about the band. Apparently the section leaders have voted to keep doing it, but e-mail Dr. Good and tell him what you think. As long as you are respectful and level-headed when you type something and don't sound like a crazed fan I think he'll really listen. I will be very pissed when they play Bammer's song, and besides all that it just totally kills the pre-game show. They come out playing War Eagle, everyone is excited, then has to sit there for a minute or 2 while the other team's song is played. It's stupid and takes away some of the excitement that normally preceeds an Auburn game.

E-mail the band department and maybe if enough people express their dislike for it they'll stop.

Guest Tigrinum Major
All of you guys made great points about the band.  Apparently the section leaders have voted to keep doing it, but e-mail Dr. Good and tell him what you think.  As long as you are respectful and level-headed when you type something and don't sound like a crazed fan I think he'll really listen.  I will be very pissed when they play Bammer's song, and besides all that it just totally kills the pre-game show.  They come out playing War Eagle, everyone is excited, then has to sit there for a minute or 2 while the other team's song is played.  It's stupid and takes away some of the excitement that normally preceeds an Auburn game. 

E-mail the band department and maybe if enough people express their dislike for it they'll stop.

181153[/snapback]

I did so and Dr. Good replied (very respectfully, I might add) that the band had voted and would continue to play the opponent's fight song, including Alabama's. UT and Nebraska have done this for years. There was a discussion on this very forum about how classy it was about 3 weeks ago.

Personally, I am not crazy about it, but I can live with it.

Boy, I must have totally missed that discussion somehow. I would not have been for it. So his reponse is that we want to be like UT and Nebraska. That makes more sense. <_<:rolleyes:

I found the "discussion" that was referred to (Band Pre-game). The thread only had 10 posts and even though a couple called it "classy", most on the thread still disagreed with doing it. So, it is not like it was given a thumbs up on that thread. Again, why and who decided it would be a "classy" thing to do? Why would somebody think it would be classy to play your opponents fight song before the game? Did somebody think that the other team would think it would be classy and roll over for us? I would have to say if I heard the other team play "War Eagle", especially UAT, I would think they were soft and have lost their minds! I think this has got to be one of the dumbest pre-game "rituals" ever started, if not the dumbest. I hope I am getting my point across that this is stupid! :angry::big:

Does anyone know the email address for the band director? We should all call them also. I can almost guarantee you that the UAT band will never play our song over there! They will just love to hear our band do it, though. The only song of their's I want to hear our band play is the "Hey Song" as we all sing along for the fourth straight year!!

NO UAT FIGHT SONG!!!

I agree with Aubie...will someone give me the band directors e-mail address. I usually don't write to complain but this is ridiculous. I was near the Tech fans when the Auburn band started to play Wreck...all the Auburn fans looked around in amazment, stopped cheering, and the Tech fans got pumped up. How does this help with the pre-game festivities?

Hmmmmmm, Apparently when I leave campus , things really go downhill, if anyone wants to pay for my Grad school I'd be happy to rush back to campus so that everything will return to normal :P

Guest Tigrinum Major

Band director email address: goodric@auburn.edu

His name is Dr. Richard Good. I sent him an email and he was very pleasant in his reply. I told him I did not agree with the practice and he respected my opinion, but told me that it would continue.

I ask that anyone that emails him be respectful and copy Dr. Ricahrdson also: president@auburn.edu, just as an emphasis.

By the way, the only reason I post this is because with a little research, it can be found on public websites. I don't feel like I am publishing Paris Hilton's cell phone address list or anything.

Good luck!

Archived