Bradshaw...

rexbo

Redskins should go with rookie QB now

Here's the thing if you are a Washington Redskins fan. I've seen Patrick Ramsey and Mark Brunell. And I know they are good people and that Ramsey hurt his neck on Sunday against the Bears. But doggone, there comes a time when you make a change at quarterback.

Coach Joe Gibbs made Jason Campbell a first-round draft pick. I watched Campbell play a lot at Auburn. I think he's a gamer and he throws very well. I mean, Campbell can go 6-for-11 passing if that's what Gibbs' plan is for his offense. Those were Ramsey's stats.

I would be playing him. If he's worthy of being a first-round pick, then you must think he has some talent. I'd just put him in there. I swear I would. I simply don't see anything great from Washington's other two quarterbacks. I don't see any difference-makers at quarterback. Why not start the rookie?

Let's be honest, the Redskins are going to run Clinton Portis (121 yards vs. the Bears) anyway. That's their offense right now. Joe Ferguson started in Buffalo in the 1970s when they had an offensive line called the Electric Company with a runner like O.J. Simpson. All Ferguson did was simply manage the ship. He didn't do anything spectacular in the beginning, but he got all that experience. They are going to run the football. You don't need Peyton Manning back there from what the Redskins are trying to do on offense.

I'm waiting for the Joe Gibbs offense that I loved more than 15 years ago. I know Gibbs still has it. I'm not one of those people saying the game or time has passed Joe by. He's too smart for that. I just don't think he has the people to pull the trigger. That's what it appears like. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I feel.

Believe me, I think any coach can tell when a guy has "it." You know what, we've been waiting for "it" to pop up for awhile. Maybe Campbell has "it." I loved him in college. So why doesn't Joe find out? You never know. The Redskins' quarterback could be sitting on the sideline right now.

TB was my football hero as a kid before he retired and then I switched to Dan Marino. Of all the current NFL analysts out there, the only one's opinions I respect are Marino, Bradshaw, Howie Long, Steve Young, Jimmy Johnson, etc. You know, the guys that actually won or broke a few records. The ones that know the game. Bradshaw has usually been one that does not like to throw rookies in too quick. I think he was critical of the Giants last year for putting Eli in too quick. That means with Bradshaw saying that, it carries alot of more weight then some of these blowhard journalists/analysts.

Bradshaw is the man!! But then again, being born in Pittsburgh and a lifelong Steeler fan, I may be a little biased. BTW his autobiography is awesome.

BTW his autobiography is awesome.

180837[/snapback]

Sure is! Bradshaw is just a true, down-to-earth guy.

I'm a life long Steeler fan as well and huge fan of Bradshaw. I still have my old #12 Steelers jersey. I also use to have a Steelers bike with #12 on the front.

Archived