AU-BSU on ESPN Gameplan

TxWarEagle

I hope they keep showing AU games on Gameplan, as I will be moving to NY in the upcomming weeks and will really miss JP and CSS.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Whenever UAB or Troy plays on Gameplan, the UPN station in B'ham picks it up also. Anyone know if that will be the case on Saturday?

Can you get gameplan for just the one game, or do you have to get it for the whole season?

181430[/snapback]

You can purchase weekly subscriptions for $19.95. According to the blackout map you can't get the Ball St/AU game in Alabama. Is this true? I don't want to spend money on tickets this week, sving up for other games...SEC games. I live in Auburn, will I be able to watch it on GamePlan???

Whenever UAB or Troy plays on Gameplan, the UPN station in B'ham picks it up also.  Anyone know if that will be the case on Saturday?

181435[/snapback]

It's Pay per view only, not local broadcasts.

Can you get gameplan for just the one game, or do you have to get it for the whole season?

181430[/snapback]

You can purchase weekly subscriptions for $19.95. According to the blackout map you can't get the Ball St/AU game in Alabama. Is this true? I don't want to spend money on tickets this week, sving up for other games...SEC games. I live in Auburn, will I be able to watch it on GamePlan???

181438[/snapback]

Call Charter(since i know for a fact they are the only company in town) and tell them that you want just the Auburn Game. I did it here in Birmingham, cost me $30 :blink: , but its worth it :cheer:

181430[/snapback]

181438[/snapback]

Call Charter(since i know for a fact they are the only company in town) and tell them that you want just the Auburn Game. I did it here in Birmingham, cost me $30 :blink: , but its worth it :cheer:

181440[/snapback]

Thanks!!!! WAR EAGLE!!!!!

Guest Tigrinum Major

181430[/snapback]

181438[/snapback]

Hang on a second. You live in Auburn and don't want to go to the game because of expense, but you are willing to spend $20 on Gameplan? Even if you were taking yourself, your spouse and two kids, you could get tickets for $20 if you apply yourself a bit outside the stadium. Granted, there is some more expense associated with the game experience, but not wanting to spend money on tickets, but yet willing to pay for Gameplan? Please explain that one to me before my head explodes from morbid curiousity...

I could see if you lived where you never got the SEC game, but I live in SEC territory. Almost every AU game will be on TV. But I just wanted to see this one game and $20 just seems high to me.

I could see if you lived where you never got the SEC game, but I live in SEC territory.  Almost every AU game will be on TV.  But I just wanted to see this one game and $20 just seems high to me.

181468[/snapback]

Simple Solution, do what im doing, get a big group of Folks, Im getting some friends i graduated with and Auburn fans, to come over and chip in, I figure im only gonna pay about 5 at most for the game, Plus i have a Projection Big screen TV! :cheer::D

181430[/snapback]

181438[/snapback]

Hang on a second. You live in Auburn and don't want to go to the game because of expense, but you are willing to spend $20 on Gameplan? Even if you were taking yourself, your spouse and two kids, you could get tickets for $20 if you apply yourself a bit outside the stadium. Granted, there is some more expense associated with the game experience, but not wanting to spend money on tickets, but yet willing to pay for Gameplan? Please explain that one to me before my head explodes from morbid curiousity...

181463[/snapback]

$20 for gameplan vs. taking two toddlers down to JHS, searching for tickets, maybe get lucky and get them for $5 each, $20 for the four of us. Plus drinks and you know the kids gonna want candy. The wife is not interested in going(cast on her arm from car wreck), and there is no way I am taking the two toddlers by myself. I'll take by son, but baby girl (almost 2) has not been to a game and not sure how she will react to the noise.

But, just got off the phone with Charter cable (on hold for like 10 minutes). PPV for the game is $30 thru them. I know me and my son can go to the game and eat there for that much. I will probably end up taking him debating on whether to take baby girl. I might try it to give the wife some alone time??? I'll see.

TM, you may have more money than me, me being just a civil servant, so playing the percentages has to be done. $20 to watch at home vs. $40 or more for tickets, drinks, candy...Got to sacrifice in some ways?? I don't like it being not going to an AU game any more than Tiger, eh likes having to try to watch them all on TV, but you got to do what you got to do, sometimes. Know what I mean?

Guest Tigrinum Major
$20 for gameplan vs. taking two toddlers down to JHS, searching for tickets, maybe get lucky and get them for $5 each, $20 for the four of us.  Plus drinks and you know the kids gonna want candy.  The wife is not interested in going(cast on her arm from car wreck), and there is no way I am taking the two toddlers by myself.  I'll take by son, but baby girl (almost 2) has not been to a game and not sure how she will react to the noise. 

But, just got off the phone with Charter cable (on hold for like 10 minutes). PPV for the game is $30 thru them.  I know me and my son can go to the game and eat there for that much.  I will probably end up taking him debating on whether to take baby girl.  I might try it to give the wife some alone time???  I'll see.

TM, you may have more money than me, me being just a civil servant, so playing the percentages has to be done. $20 to watch at home vs. $40 or more for tickets, drinks, candy...Got to sacrifice in some ways??  I don't like it being not going to an AU game any more than Tiger, eh  likes having to try to watch them all on TV, but you got to do what you got to do, sometimes.  Know what I mean?

181490[/snapback]

Ok, that makes more sense. Thanks. Sorry if I came off as a jerk, but the logic escaped me until you 'splained it.

And for the record, I am not independently wealthy. I work for Uncle Sam. In more ways that one.

I am actaully debating whether to head down for the game myself, for a variety of reasons. If you do end up taking both kids without the wife, good luck! This week or next is perfect for smaller kids.

Thank goodness! I thought I was going to have to drive an hour and change to Brewton. No offense to the good people of Brewton but they're beach is not all that great. I guess I will see those of you in the Florida Panhandle at Buffalo Wild Wings in Fort Walton Saturday! Auburn football, wings, beer, and the Emerald Coast, I guess this Saturday will be bearable.

War Eagle.

Thank goodness!  I thought I was going to have to drive an hour and change to Brewton.  No offense to the good people of Brewton but they're beach is not all that great.  I guess I will see those of you in the Florida Panhandle at Buffalo Wild Wings in Fort Walton Saturday!  Auburn football, wings, beer, and the Emerald Coast, I guess this Saturday will be bearable.

War Eagle.

181503[/snapback]

Wow, must be nice, I have to deal with Birmingham, wanna trade weekends?

:poke::big:

Thank goodness!  I thought I was going to have to drive an hour and change to Brewton.  No offense to the good people of Brewton but they're beach is not all that great.  I guess I will see those of you in the Florida Panhandle at Buffalo Wild Wings in Fort Walton Saturday!  Auburn football, wings, beer, and the Emerald Coast, I guess this Saturday will be bearable.

War Eagle.

181503[/snapback]

Wow, must be nice, I have to deal with Birmingham, wanna trade weekends?

:poke::big:

181518[/snapback]

Sure you want to do that? Sunday I leave Fort Walton for Lincoln, Nebraska for a week of classroom training on human resources and the responsible service of alcohol. But they are taking us bowling one night. I guess that is the only kind of bowling going on in Lincoln these days.

i know for a fact that giving the wife some 'alone time' is a good thing.

i know for a fact trying to take toddlers to a sporting event as a single parent is a chore.

yet, you should take both kids and tough it out....thereby making the day 'not about you', and 'not about football', but 'about making the little lady happy' and 'treating the kids to a day w/ daddy at the best school around'.

good luck...i'd like a full report by monday.... ;)

ct

$20 for gameplan vs. taking two toddlers down to JHS, searching for tickets, maybe get lucky and get them for $5 each, $20 for the four of us.  Plus drinks and you know the kids gonna want candy.  The wife is not interested in going(cast on her arm from car wreck), and there is no way I am taking the two toddlers by myself.  I'll take by son, but baby girl (almost 2) has not been to a game and not sure how she will react to the noise. 

But, just got off the phone with Charter cable (on hold for like 10 minutes). PPV for the game is $30 thru them.  I know me and my son can go to the game and eat there for that much.  I will probably end up taking him debating on whether to take baby girl.  I might try it to give the wife some alone time???  I'll see.

TM, you may have more money than me, me being just a civil servant, so playing the percentages has to be done. $20 to watch at home vs. $40 or more for tickets, drinks, candy...Got to sacrifice in some ways??  I don't like it being not going to an AU game any more than Tiger, eh  likes having to try to watch them all on TV, but you got to do what you got to do, sometimes.  Know what I mean?

181490[/snapback]

Ok, that makes more sense. Thanks. Sorry if I came off as a jerk, but the logic escaped me until you 'splained it.

And for the record, I am not independently wealthy. I work for Uncle Sam. In more ways that one.

I am actaully debating whether to head down for the game myself, for a variety of reasons. If you do end up taking both kids without the wife, good luck! This week or next is perfect for smaller kids.

181495[/snapback]

That is about the only way I would take both of them would be to one of the non SEC games. Less folks to deal with it. But, I really want to take Savannah, turns two in about a month, b/c she has not been. I'll see how things go Sat morning, and what kind of mood the kiddos are in?? As long as I don't have to carry my 45 lb son up the stairs to the upper deck like I did at the Tech game. :huh: CT, you are right it is always good to give the wife some alone time and don't forget the honey time when you get home. ;) Really got too much to do around the house we just built. Putting things up and organizing. New house so now I am broke!! We'll see War Eagle.

Me and about 4 buddies of mine are going to watch the game at a Sports bar now because it should be a lot cheaper, and plus i live in Birmingham so when South Carolina stomps Bama I can give the bammers hell :big::poke:

Archived