Technologically Challenged!!

penguin149

For TV games, I always listen to the radio for the audio. But this past weekend, the radio was a good 10 seconds behind the TV. When on Dishnetwork, the picture is usually a couple of seconds behind the radio. I understand that better than what happened in the MSU game. WHAT GIVES?! It was very odd to be screaming at the TV during a play while Rod and Stan were saying how many seconds were left on the play clock before the ball was snapped!! :homer:

That is just how the technology goes. It actually depends on alot of different things like your cable or satellite provider, the channel broadcasting the game, the radio station broadcasting the game, your ISP, the server of the site that is broadcasting the game, and even Mother Nature...the atmosphere. The time lag changes from week to week depending on all those conditions. I have both satellite and basic cable. I have tried it all different ways on game day by mixing it between satellite and cable for the video and over the air radio and internet for the audio. For the last 2-3 years I have had little success getting the TV and radio broadcasts to get in synch. I have given up trying it.

The main problem is Jefferson Pilot. When the game is on CBS or ESPN it will sometimes be ahead by 2 seconds or behind 2 seconds. This past game I could listen the the two :homer::homer: make the call then hit my tuner and hear Stan and Rod have our guys coming to the line of scrimmage.

Usually, the radio broadcast is a few seconds ahead.

p.s. Dave Rowe is the most pathetic "announcer" in the history of football.

(If you exclude eli bronze) :D

I guess I should have posted this here too:

DelayPlayRadio lets you sync FM audio with cable or satellite sports broadcasts

Posted Sep 13, 2005, 9:10 PM ET by Evan Blass

Related entries: Home Entertainment, Peripherals

Here’s a product meant to solve a problem that we didn’t even know existed. Apparently some sports fans who subscribe to satellite TV and digital cable prefer to listen to local radio coverage of sporting events while they watch the action on the tube. Unfortunately for them, satellite and cable companies delay their feeds enough that radio listeners hear what has has happened on the field before it even appears on their TVs. Enter the DelayPlayRadio, a device that is hooked-up between your stereo and speakers (using RCA or Line ins and outs), and allows you to delay your radio feed up to 16 seconds. With a little tweaking you should be able to get the FM audio to sync up with the on-screen video and get maximum enjoyment out of the next Ultimate Fighting Championship.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000323058667/

The problem this week was weird because the tv was ahead of the radio not the other way around like it usually is. It was really aggravating, because if you were gone to hit the fridge or the pipe or something by the time you heard Rod and Stan get excited the tv play was long over.

Here’s a product meant to solve a problem that we didn’t even know existed. Apparently some sports fans who subscribe to satellite TV and digital cable prefer to listen to local radio coverage of sporting events while they watch the action on the tube. Unfortunately for them, satellite and cable companies delay their feeds enough that radio listeners hear what has has happened on the field before it even appears on their TVs. Enter the DelayPlayRadio, a device that is hooked-up between your stereo and speakers (using RCA or Line ins and outs), and allows you to delay your radio feed up to 16 seconds. With a little tweaking you should be able to get the FM audio to sync up with the on-screen video and get maximum enjoyment out of the next Ultimate Fighting Championship.

181527[/snapback]

Whew! :o As much as prefer the radio broadcast, I think I will decline shelling out $140 just to synch up my radio and TV broadcasts.

181527[/snapback]

Whew! :o As much as prefer the radio broadcast, I think I will decline shelling out $140 just to synch up my radio and TV broadcasts.

181559[/snapback]

I know. I bet some of us at Broun could build one...but we're a little busy these days.

Don't forget if you have tivo, dvr, etc., you can pause the tv for a second or two so you're sync'd up with the radio.

181592[/snapback]

I hate you. :D I have never thought about doing that for some stupid reason. Boy do I feel dumb. I guess the only problem with that would be that it would not work when radio is ahead of the TV, which rarely happens, but it does sometimes. My problem would be that anytime I leave the room for anything, I pause the TV. So I would have to FF to the point where TV would be to get back in synch with the radio.

Don't forget if you have tivo, dvr, etc., you can pause the tv for a second or two so you're sync'd up with the radio.

181592[/snapback]

I hate you. :D I have never thought about doing that for some stupid reason. Boy do I feel dumb. I guess the only problem with that would be that it would not work when radio is ahead of the TV, which rarely happens, but it does sometimes. My problem would be that anytime I leave the room for anything, I pause the TV. So I would have to FF to the point where TV would be to get back in synch with the radio.

181597[/snapback]

If it makes you feel any better my technically challenged wife had to point it out to me. It's also a hassle if you want to flip around to other games at halftime or during commercials - you have to re-sync all over again. It's a pain, but if it's a game with Bill Curry doing commentary, it's worth it. B)

Archived