University Website now a Paysite??!?!

autlc28

Auburntigers.com has now taken away live listening to the Auburn Network and now made all media related functions of the website "subscription" or "premium" functions now. I'd rather go out and sit in my car to listen to the game at this point than pay someone that I've been able to get it free from for years. What's next??? Pay-per-listen radio?????? Fans that just want to see an old highlight, or hear a great call from years ago can't go anywhere now unless they want to pay money for it. Some smaller private sites, I can understand to a degree... Huge, paid for and sponsored "official" websites can afford it and have the bandwith to handle it. Stop fleecing and punishing fans for doing nothing more than being FANS!!!!! :angry::angry:

I DONT LIKE IT ONE BIT.

Year after year, it just seems like AUBURN is MONEY HUNGRY. All they care about is making money money money.

first, increasing tuition, then increasing price of tickets, then increasing donation to buy tickets, and now subscription to this stuff.

its ridiculous.

Why Not Listen to the radio broadcast on line from the radio station that is carrying the game??

I have to do that since 680 the fan does not power up during the weekends so Where i live in covington I can't hear the game...so I log on to their websight and listen for Free :)

Could be an Idea!!! :cheer:

Lord, this is like the third post in the last two weeks about this. People don't read. ;)

Anyway, I don't like it either, but apparently we're the last of the mohicans to jump on the bandwagon with this. The response I got from Mike Hubbard at the Auburn Network was that they simply could not continue to provide the infrastructure for it without trying to recoup some of that money. Apparently ad sales aren't enough to pay for all that's needed. I somehow doubt that, but that's what they're saying anyway.

Basically, I'm paying for one month to be able to listen to the Ball State and WKU games. Virtually the rest of the schedule will be on TV in some form or fashion so I'm good there.

Too bad they restricted their broadcasts to Sirrius satellite radio which has a smaller audience than XM. I have discovered ACC, Big 10 and Pac 10 football on XM but no SEC.

Too bad they restricted their broadcasts to Sirrius satellite radio which has a smaller audience than XM.  I have discovered ACC, Big 10 and Pac 10 football on XM but no SEC.

181700[/snapback]

Sirius is what I chose even when they were $12.95/month and XM was $9.95/month. I chose them because I liked their programing better and at the time the XM equipment was about $150more because Sirius was giving a huge rebate for the equipment. Now they are both the same cost per month.

Sirius had NFL, NHL and NBA contracts when I signed up and XM had NeckCar and MLB. They added College sports later and I was happy to find that the SEC teams went with Sirius.

Sirius has SEC, Big ten(11), Pac 10, Big 12, Ivy League Big East and Notre Dame

XM has ACC, Pac 10, Big ten(11)

Looks like the major difference is SEC vs ACC and Sirius has more conferences.

Don't be fooled into thinking Sirius does not have a huge backing as they are part of Dish Network and many of the car manufacturers have went with them(BMW, Nissan, Chrysler, Mercedes Benz etc) IMHO they are making all the right moves in programing SEC football, NFL, Howard Stern, Elvis station, Jimmy Buffet station etc.

If you want sec football switch to Sirius. Great for tailgating as you get all sec schools (not sure on Vandy).

would've been nice if folks who pay tuf dues and get season tickets would be allowed to listen to web casts (when they can't make it to a game or hear tiger talk...etc).

reminds me of that line in the movie 'Animal House' from the frat pledge getting spanked 'THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER...'

Why dont they borrow some of that money back they are paying Tubberville and let the radio be free again? Or better yet, borrow some money from Lowder :blink::P

i will be surprised if radio stations that have live internet feeds will be allowed to broadcast the game over the internet now that they have gone to the pay system.

if it works, let me know.

ct

well, i live in knoxville and don't have much of a choice (however, i didn't think of listening to another station's website. :blink: ) . i subscribed last nite to listen ot Tiger Talk. The audio didn't sound as clear as before. it was a little muffled to me, but that may have just been from the background noise from being 'on-location'. dunno.

otherwise, all went well. they've got a bunch of old audio highlights, starting from the PUNT BAMA PUNT game, then from 1981-1990. more highlights will be up later. i hate paying for it too, but $40 for the year is well worth it to me.

reminds me of that line in the movie 'Animal House' from the frat pledge getting spanked    'THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER...'

181715[/snapback]

And that, Sir, would be just one more degree of Kevin bacon........

Archived