A super star in the making is

API50

Brad Lester. Mentally and physically, he may just be the best running back we have on the Plains. If he is given the opportunity to get some quality playing time this year,watch for bigger and better things out of this young man in the years to come...he has all the tools.

Brad Lester.  Mentally and physically, he may just be the best running back we have on the Plains. If he is given the opportunity to get some quality playing time this year,watch for bigger and better things out of this young man in the years to come...he has all the tools.

182166[/snapback]

Kenny Irons, Carl Stewart, Brad Lester, Tre Smith....hell even Tristan Davis I think scored on a run. All the backs looked like superstars against Ball State. Lester is a great player, but hes going to have to wait for his time.

Agreed, Irons and Stewart should get the bulk of the carries with Lester getting 5 or 6 a game and returning kicks.

Lester will have his time....Isnt he a freshman? Irons is a junior, and I think Stewart is either a sophmore or junior. There are plenty of days ahead for Lester to develop into a great player...but right now, we have a couple of great ones ahead of him :)

I do think Lester needs to see the field in every game this season though, he is very dangerous.

Lester will have his time....Isnt he a freshman?  Irons is a junior, and I think Stewart is either a sophmore or junior.  There are plenty of days ahead for Lester to develop into a great player...but right now, we have a couple of great ones ahead of him  :)

I do think Lester needs to see the field in every game this season though, he is very dangerous.

182205[/snapback]

I dont see how you can suggest that so early in this season. We did not run at all vs GT, ran so so vs MSU, and killed BSU. I dont know who is the best back, yet i have enough sense to say just that. Kenny and Carl might be the best, but they have not proven that yet. I could care less if they are juniors and brad is a redshirt freshman. Best man should play, and i dont think anyone has enough info to make that decision just yet.

Kenny started off with a slight hesitation but the more carries he got, the better he performed. He looked pretty smooth.

Brad just has that something that all real good backs seem to have. He will fit the mold of James Brooks, Joe Cribbs, et. al.

Stewart reminds me of a young Ronnie Brown. He will be a major factor in our offense before he is through.

Frankly, I'm glad they got the chance to perform as they did against a team like Ball State. They were able to get a few kinks out of their system and gain a little confidence.

Last but not least, Tre will also play a key role in this years winning season.

Atlanta, here we come!!

Guest Tigrinum Major
I'm pretty sure lester played some last year.

he played some early but not enough to cost him his redshirt

182227[/snapback]

Played in three games, all early season, which is the rules. Play after the third game, you lose your redshirt.

One question for clarification. I thought you had to be injured for a redshirt to "stick" if you played any. Anyone know?

Let's not forget that Tre Smith is STILL AU's starting rb. :D

(Just rubbing it in a bit. All of the rbs looked good against BS. Heck, I could have gained a few yards against that "defense".) :P

They should have Irons and Stewart share the running back position, While Tre Smith and Lester do Punt returns.

I don't agree with the "freshman" bs.  Always play the back that gives you the best chance to win.

182268[/snapback]

Right on target! I think after all the backs he has coached, Gran can decide who is best to play.

Let's not forget that Tre Smith is STILL AU's starting rb. :D

(Just rubbing it in a bit. All of the rbs looked good against BS. Heck, I could have gained a few yards against that "defense".) :P

182266[/snapback]

Tim....Kenny Irons started the game last weekend. Carl Stewart was 2nd in rotation. Lester played after Stewart. Tre was right before our 5th string tailback...Tristan Davis.

Vatz, Tre Smith was, and is, hurt. He was playing hurt. Coach Gran has stated that Tre Smith is still the #1 rb and that his rule is that nobody loses their job because of injury. That having been stated, If one of the others BEATS him out of the starting spot, so be it. That would mean that they are ALL getting better. :au:

Nobody can really guage anything from performance against Ball St.

Vatz, Tre Smith was, and is, hurt. He was playing hurt. Coach Gran has stated that Tre Smith is still the #1 rb and that his rule is that nobody loses their job because of injury. That having been stated, If one of the others BEATS him out of the starting spot, so be it. That would mean that they are ALL getting better. :au:

Nobody can really guage anything from performance against Ball St.

182355[/snapback]

Might want to read my lost post. Gran stated Irons is the starter, with Lester and Stewart being a close second. Also stated that Tre took a step back:

Two guys who took a major step in that direction were Carl Stewart and Brad Lester, while Tre Smith took a step back.
Which brings us to Smith.

The junior Smith did dress out Saturday, but was hampered by a … um … knee injury. Yeah that’s it.

“Tre hadn’t practiced much (because of his injury)” Tuberville said. “We wanted to look at other running backs.”

But wasn’t it a little ironic that Smith wasn’t healthy enough to carry the ball, but could return punts, run down on kickoff coverage and lead block for Stewart in the first half?

Yes, you read that right: the 5-foot-10, 200-pound junior running back was leading for the 6-2, 211-pound sophomore.

Further proof that the Tigers have their “go-to” guys.

Are you still denying it now?

Denying it? :blink:

Unreal.

182374[/snapback]

Coach Gran has stated that Tre Smith is still the #1 rb and that his rule is that nobody loses their job because of injury.

Your tellin me :poke:

Yes. (and I will not add the :poke: . Just not an argument to be had.) :au:

Ok Timmy :)

You've been rubbing in my face since July how Tre will be the starter, and keep his starting position. I have been rubbing in your face how Tre will start the first game, and lose his starting job to Kenny Irons.

A nice "Ok Vatz, you proved me wrong" would do B)

So you want to play a child's game? :no:

Sorry. I can't help you. :D (I can't say that you are right yet either. Time will tell.)

I hope they ALL do well. It really doesn't matter, as I have stated in the past, WHO starts. When it is CRUNCH time, experience always wins out. Coach Tuberville and staff are not paid big $$$ because of their LACK of knowledge. B)

So you want to play a child's game? :no:

Sorry. I can't help you. :D  (I can't say that you are right yet either. Time will tell.)

I hope they ALL do well. It really doesn't matter, as I have stated in the past, WHO starts. When it is CRUNCH time, experience always wins out. Coach Tuberville and staff are not paid big $$$ because of their LACK of knowledge. B)

182527[/snapback]

I'll take that as a," Yes, Im wrong." :)

Conservative Republican replies....there great :moon:

Archived