Brandon vs If Brodie

WarEagle_57

PASSING--- GP Effic Att-Cmp-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G

---------------------------------------------------------------

Brodie Croyle 3 138.07 82-49-2 59.8 655 4 52 218.

PASSING--- GP Effic Att-Cmp-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G

--------------------------------------------------------------

Brandon Cox 3 146.37 81-50-4 61.7 715 5 39 238.3

Those probably won't line up very well, but you can probably still read it if you try hard enough. So far, the 2 QBs look almost identical through the first 3 games. Brandon Cox has a slightly higher completion percerntage, and efficiency. Croyle has thrown one more pass and completed one less. Cox has 2 more INTs, all 4 game in the first game. He has since completed 28 of 37 passes with 0 INTs, and 3 TDs. It should also be pointed out that Cox broke the Auburn record for most passing yards for a first time starting QB. He also thre for more yards in his first game, than the Senior Croyle has ever thrown for. With that being said, so far I don't think you can say one is ahead of the other. I'm excited to see what becomes of Cox by the year's end. He may be even more accurate than Campbell, and he led the nation in passing efficiency last year. But for now, I'd have to give a slight edge to If Brodie Croyle.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BC threw for more yards in his FIRST game than bc has EVER thrown for in a single game. THAT is very telling. :au:

___________________________--

(Space provided for uat "spin".) :D

I think Croyle, so far, has proven to be one of the top 2 QBs in the SEC this season.

Still to early to tell, but his leadership and ability to go through his progressions have proven spectacular.

he had least 50 yards and 1 TD dropped on some amazing throws saturday.

BC threw for more yards in his FIRST game than bc has EVER thrown for in a single game. THAT is very telling. :au:

182437[/snapback]

Bammers will be chiming in fo sho.

182437[/snapback]

And it only took 44 attempts to do so. Thats good for a 7.4 average per attempt.

And lets not forget the 4 picks :cheer:

I have no doubt that BC will be good. But Id say its a little hasty to compare him to Brodie at this point.

I think Croyle, so far, has proven to be one of the top 2 QBs in the SEC this season.

Still to early to tell, but his leadership and ability to go through his progressions have proven spectacular.

he had least 50 yards and 1 TD dropped on some amazing throws saturday.

182441[/snapback]

He also had a Protho make an amazing catch for him that I believe cancels out that. You have to take the bad catches iwth the good ones.

Cox vs Quality competition: 0-1 record

Croyle vs quality competition: 0-0 record

182492[/snapback]

And BC's record is over a THREE game period as starter. bc is the better of the two at hitting the WIDE open DEFENDER. :lol::lol::roflol::roflol:

182492[/snapback]

And BC's record is over a THREE game period as starter. bc is the better of the two at hitting the WIDE open DEFENDER. :lol::lol::roflol::roflol:

182500[/snapback]

You may want to clarify which BC! (Don't leave any room for Bammers to jump in there.)

OK. So their argument that broadway brodie was better than campbell the last 2 preseasons was a joke as we found out.

Now we find out that we should have been comparing brodie to our backup during that time. :lol::lol::lol: As a senior, he appears to measure up pretty evenly to our new sophomore starter.

182437[/snapback]

And it only took 44 attempts to do so. Thats good for a 7.4 average per attempt.

I have no doubt that BC will be good. But Id say its a little hasty to compare him to Brodie at this point.

182449[/snapback]

BG...seriously...you are kidding, right? I mean really, what has If Brodie EVER done to merit your adulation???? And this is not a flame, I'm serious. Name something....

:au::homer:

In 3 games Cox is averaging 14 yards/throw and Croyle is averaging 13 yards/throw per passes completed.

Lets see... a senior vs a sophmore with three games as a starter under his belt, I would say Cox is doing pretty doggone good. Brodie may have two things he is doing better and thats throwing the long ball and the ability to run. Like Al said, Cox would drown running through a car wash. I'm not sure I would call Brodie "Vanilla Vick", but he can scramble pretty good. Other than that, I wouldn't give a nickels difference between the two. By the end of the season, I really believe Cox will be one of the top QBs in the conference.

Just for clarification:

BC- Brandon Cox (starting qb for the defending SEC Champion Auburn Tigers) :au:

bc- skinny kid wearing a dark pink #12 jersey @ the smaller "school" in west al.

p.s. With the so-caled "O-line" @ uat, the skinny kid in the #12 dark pink jersey had BETTER be able to "RUN". :roflol::roflol::roflol:

Didn't Brodie throw like 13 Ints as a Sophmore starter, and 5 Ints the previous year. Cox had a better TD vs Int ratio than Brodie as a backup, lets let the season play out before we start picking on Cox's poor picks. Its still very possible for him to have a better Soph year than Brodie.

182441[/snapback]

Tell that to Shockley, Cutler, & Leak.

Not to mention either of UT's two qbs, and of course, the starting qb for the defending SEC Champions. :D:poke:

You guys are kidding right? Everyone around the college football world is talking about Brodie's play this year.

A blind monkey could see the difference in this years team and last years. The only difference being brodie...and a younger Oline.

Now you wanna compare stats after 3 games?

First of all, comparing passes per completion is a waste of time. Especially when your QB has 22 incompletions in the first game.

But you wanna compare stats? OK.

Brandon Cox against Ga Tech - 22/44 342 yards 4INTS and 2TDs

Matt Baker (UNC) against Ga Tech - 18/39 (280) yards 3INTS 2TDs

Against Ms St?

BC - 12/18 202 yards 2TD 0Int

Ken Topps (Murray St) 11/16 144 yards 1TD 0Int

Wow, those are pretty close numbers. I guess its safe to say Brandon is as good as Matt Baker and Kenn Topps. :no:

Wow, those are pretty close numbers. I guess its safe to say Brandon is as good as Matt Baker and Kenn Topps.

182535[/snapback]

As are the numbers listed in the first post on this thread. So it looks as if brodie is as good as those guys as well.

Ever considered a career as a disc jockey bg?

I guess I should have put it in sarcasm blocks.

I think Brandon Cox is better than both of those QBs. But again, given the small window of statistical data used in this threads origination...i chose to use a similarly off base comparision.

BG, your reasoning must make these stats look pretty good.

"bammer's first 3 opponents

total offense (out of 117 Div 1 schools)

MTSU - 110

So MS - 86

So Car - 92 (2nd worst in SEC, UK is the worst)

SO Car rush defense is 104 (Ball St is 111).

So Car rush offense is 114 (Ball St is 92).

I have to ask, how big was the win over USC? Statistically, I could argue that AU's win over Ball State was bigger."

You are right, these stats are as silly as yours concerning COX.

182437[/snapback]

182449[/snapback]

Does Bama count INT's as completions? :poke:

182437[/snapback]

To bad your BC caught an L in his first game of the season.

Once agian the only numbers that mean anything are the final scores.

182492[/snapback]

You dont think USC is quality?.....so when you guys play UGA your gonna say that they are not a quality team also right?

That is BS and you know it.

Archived