Interesting Stats from ITAT

DKW 86

Many talked about how Bama's D was getting stats off of suspect Os. Our's was the best passing O they saw all year. This kind of backs that up.

Scuff

Post #4291 A few interesting stats this week Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's about bammer, so if you don't want to read it, don't.

bammer's first 3 opponents

total offense (out of 117 Div 1 schools)

MTSU - 110

So MS - 86

So Car - 92 (2nd worst in SEC, UK is the worst)

SO Car rush defense is 104 (Ball St is 111).

So Car rush offense is 114 (Ball St is 92).

I have to ask, how big was the win over USC? Statistically, I could argue that AU's win over Ball State was bigger.

USC has the worst rush defense in the SEC, and the only rush defense ranked above 100. 10 spots behind Buffalo University.

bammer is again scheduling 3 OOC patsies and bragging about their team, while AU scheduled 2 and complained about it.

bammer scheduling magic will make the pass D look good yet again. As of week 3, bammer will not play a single team with a top 40 passing offense. I don't know how they are able to dodge great QBs. Last year, Jason Campbell was the only good QB they played all year. This year, it looks like Brandon Cox will be the best QB they play all year. Here's the average of bammer's competition this year (NCAA rank)

Rush O - 67

Pass O - 70

Total O - 73

Rush D - 55

Pass D - 63

Total D - 61

Their first 3 opponents look like this as an average:

Rush O - 100

Pass O - 67

Total O - 96

Rush D - 67

Pass D - 60

Total D - 62

Only real difference is that they'll face better offenses (rushing offenses) going forward.

One more stat for you, and this one is a bit of a brain twister. But if you take the average of all the stats for individual teams (meaning the average of rush o, rush d, pass o, pass d, etc... and stack rank the opponents, here is how they lay out. Think of it as one way to gauge bammer's toughest opponents, in order (smaller numbers are better):

1 AU 29

2 UF 33

3 MSU 56

4 UT 60

5 LSU 62

6 SMU 71

7 Ark 74

8 Miss 76

9 USC 76

10 MTSU 78

11 Utah st 98

They have their toughest 5 games ahead of them. I see them losing 4 of those. Arkansas or Ole Miss might steal a game as well.

One final thought. Go back and look at the first 3 games of each bammer season under sheila.

2003 - went 2-1, only loss was close game to 2002 MNC Oklahoma, fans pouring out of the closet, declaring bammer is back. Papers say they're back. Finished 4-9. Fans questioned Sheila.

2004 - went 3-0 against nobody, fans pouring out of the closet, declaring bammer is back. Papers say they're back. Finished 6-6. Fans questioned Sheila.

2005 - went 3-0 against nobody, fans pouring out of the closet, declaring bammer is back. Papers say they're back.

Are you really buying into the hype AGAIN?

Thats funny.

Except its ridiculously flawed. The perception of bama playing weak offenses is strengthened by bama's strong defensive performances? Oh yeah thats fair. Penalize bama because they play good d.

These teams have played 2 or 3 games so far. So Bama dominating them will hurt their offensive ranking.

USM would rank 18th in the nation in offense if you take away the bama game.

South Carolina would rank 20th in Pass offense if you take away the bama game. Even though one of their other games was against the 12th best d - UGA.

2 or 3 games in, you cant look at those stats and know anything. Especially when Bama's defense shutting them down was the LARGEST contributor to their paltry ranking.

Edit:

The ball st rushing offense is a joke too. They have faced, on average the 64th thoughest run d schedule. While USC has faced the 39th best.

Great. Let's throw the stats out the window. AU has given up fewer points, thus, AU has the BETTER defense. :P

It will all come out in the wash like it ALWAYS does. Truth is bammer is still not exceptionally talented or deep anywhere. WAR EAGLE :big::au: It's great to be an :au: TIGER!!!!!

First, I dont buy into the Bama hype just yet. I want to see them vs ranked action before I can make any judgement. Obviously, South Carolina is not a powerhouse...just a very scary team that has at least one or 2 upsets this season for any special team.

I really dont know what type of Bama team is playing this season until I see some good teams come in and play them.

You can't spell overrated without u-a-and T. (Well, you can skip the U, as in University.) :lol::lol::lol:

SC had 75 total yards, as in added all together, in their 1st 2 games. they had 72, i think, against alabama. so even though SC cant run a lick, they doubled their season total against the turd.

SC had 75 total yards, as in added all together, in their 1st 2 games. they had 72, i think, against alabama. so even though SC cant run a lick, they doubled their season total against the turd.

182597[/snapback]

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gam...602579&confId=8

You should note that 36 of those rushing yards came on one play. And it wasn't a break away run either. The ball was fumbled twice during the scramble. Minus the one long gain and they had 18 carries for 36 yards. A whopping 2 yards per carry.

It's too early in the year to be bringing out stats. Two more weeks and we'll find out who's for real and who's not. I'm not buying or building up hype on ANY SEC team until after Oct 1.

Following up on his non-stat patsy opponent comments, it's darkly funny to see how the press covers certain teams (FSU, Bama) playing joke teams like Middle Tenn. State and The citadel, versus the abuse other teams take for playing the same teams other years...when the patsies are still patsies. Cases in point, a couple years ago, The citadel was making the rounds of the SEC and when UF, Auburn, and others played these jokes, it made headline abuse coast to coast. flash forward to '05 and I read 3 separate papers indicate that because FSU struggled against The Citadel in the first half, the Citadel was a "sleeper". We read the same screwy reasong a few years back when Bama struggled for a while against Temple. Southern Miss isn't any less a Tulane-level team just because Bama plays them every year. The Bamaham media plays up Southern Miss' conference or it being "Bret Favres alma mater" this time every year. In a poll system w/ subjective voting a HUGE factor, it pays to be a media darling.

BTW, guys, not my research here. The rankings dont mean squat till about 4-5 games anyway. One good team, or one poor one could easily skew everyting.

I think :ua: and :au: are getting better and executing better. That is great news for both of us. I dont think either ia world beater yet.

And BTW, We both would like to see :ut: beat :lsu: this weekend as an insurance package.

I doubt very seriously there will be ANY uaters pulling for the Vols. :ut:B)

I doubt very seriously there will be ANY uaters pulling for the Vols. :ut:   B)

182671[/snapback]

Of course not. They want to go into BR with LSU undefeated.

182671[/snapback]

laugh at southern miss all you want, but they were 7-5 last year with a bowl win. (Even though their QB missed most of the season)..9-3 the year before with a bowl win. And 7-5 before that with a bowl loss.

To compare southern miss to ball state or the citadel is laughable.

laugh at southern miss all you want, but they were 7-5 last year with a bowl win. (Even though their QB missed most of the season)..9-3 the year before with a bowl win. And 7-5 before that with a bowl loss.

To compare southern miss to ball state or the citadel is laughable.

182691[/snapback]

OK, if it's W-L records you want to use, could we replace them with UCF? :big:

I have to agree with BG. The losses to Bama do not help their stats. A lot of people said beating the crap out of UTK last year didn't mean anyting because they had three losses and two were by 10 points or more. But two of those losses (the lopsided ones) were to us?

182671[/snapback]

182676[/snapback]

Actually, I will be pulling for Tenn this week. A conference loss is a conference loss. Bama will need LSU to get beat a few times, so I'll pull for anyone playing against them. Also, Bama won't go into BR this year, they come to us.

Talking stats right now is pointless. Neither team :ua: or :au: , has really proved anything. Neither team can say they have beat anyone.......anyway you look at it

:ua: beat MTSU, USM, and USC (an SEC team that look really bad)

:au: beat Ball St., and MSU (also a team thats not a powerhouse)

stats are dumb right now

Archived