Miami Herald blasts Ronnie Brown

vatz22au

I have seen both fins games, I don't care if your BO Jackson when you have three guys in the backfield before you even get the ball its hard to make them miss and then make it up field. I will say one thing about Ronnie I think he needs to lower his head and hit someone back. I, like all of you watch Ronnie for 3- 4 years run people over or at least make them pay for squaring up, not the case so far in the NFL. I know these guys hit harder and are faster but he really needs to say if your going to tackle me your going to feel it in the morning. Right now he gets hit he falls back not forward, but he will be great in time. That's just my .02

Ronnie was adopted by a disfunctional family. Nicky Saben's 1st year in the pro ranks, Tricky Ricky makes Neon Deon look like Ritchie Cunningham, and Florida Atlantic Univ. has a better O-line than the fish. I grew up in Miami and can tell you their sports commentators are as abusive as New York or Boston's, but without the knowledge to back it up...just blind meanness generally. If Ricky Wms comes back and decides to grow up, Ronnie will be out of the NFL in 4 years (he'll get branded and frustrated). 4 games is not enough time for ANY first year RB to adopt to NFL defenses while running behind a Div. 2 college O-line. Wms has the experience Ronnie doesn't have yet to make something out of nothing against NFL speed when the 40% body fat boys on the line forget to block.

Welcome to the NFL, Mr. Brown. Yeah, it is crappy, but you don't get much slack anymore in the NFL, especially when you are a high draft pick. You guys remember all the crap that Eli Manning took last year?

If Ronnie and Caddy were swapped then Ronnie would be getting all the praise and Caddy would be who this article is about. Plain and simple, Miami sucks and it will be hard for anyone to get yards behind their line. Don't get me wrong, Caddy is special and there is a reason he started over RB in college, but RB could be just as good in the pros.

If Ricky Wms comes back and decides to grow up, Ronnie will be out of the NFL in 4 years (he'll get branded and frustrated)

182623[/snapback]

I totally disagree with that. Ronnie Brown is not, and never will be, a Ryan Leaf.

4 years in the league as a running back is nothing to scoff at. it exceeds the league average. so i don't think anyone is comparing him to ryan leaf.

if you swapped ronnie and carnell, the fins would be 2-0. carnell was the best back in the nation last year. he was the best back in the draft. he's the best rookie at any position. i've always been a caddy man, and i just can't understand why folks think they are interchangable parts. caddy is a mule with speed like a race horse. ronnie has been asked to carry the load for about 6 games since his senior year of high school. THAT is what is going to take time to adjust to.

i think ronnie will eventually be a star, but i never ever ever thought he'd be an instant impact player. if that's what miami wanted, they blew it. caddy was the only instant star in the running back group. benson and arrington included. he's an edge james, clinton portis, or lt.

ronnie is more like ricky in that their game has to adjust. ricky was a "bust" in new orleans, but he was really one of the best backs in the league... it just took time. or maybe more precisely he's a shaun alexander. one year of being the big dog in the backfield, 1st round pick, 300 yards rushing as a rookie. he's never been under 1200 since. or look at preist holmes. there is a mentality you have to have to be THE MAN in the backfield. ronnie hasn't needed it until now, but carnell was the man. unfortunately for the dolphins, if they are impatient, ronnie may become the man for someone else ala preist moving from baltimore to kc.

ronnie may become the man for someone else ala preist moving from baltimore to kc.

182708[/snapback]

I think that's more my point. If the Dolphins don't want him, he'll go somewhere else and excel. I can't see him "out of the NFL in 4 years" (ala Leaf - who was "branded and frustrated").

Ronnie Brown's name should never be in the same sentence as Ryan Leaf.

Brown has a good work ethic, Leak never did

Brown has a good head on his shoulder maturity wise, Leaf never did

Brown won't attack reporters, Leaf did

Brown will be fine with some NFL experience. How do they expect him to run over people with a bad OL and average at best QB?

Ricky Williams will never be healthy anyway drug wise so I doubt he has much of an impact

Archived