Paul Finebaum caller

AWK

So anyway, I enjoy listening to the Finebaum program when i leave work everyday because he has great guests on there such as Stan White and Pat Dye, but yesterday I became so angry with a certain caller. They were discussing the name change of the field to Pat Dye fiels at Jordan Hare Stadium. Some Yahoo called in and started discussing Dye's contribution to Auburn, and said that the only useful thing he ever did at Auburn was "get the Iron Bowl moved out of Birmingham." ...........What in the hell. Then he went on to rave about how lame Auburn is during Gamedays and HOW THEIR IS NOTHING TO DO! :blink: I almost lost it, I was thinking to myself how much fun tuscaloosa was during gameday, you know, the lovely stinch, the 9 out of 10 chance you might get robbed, and also the beautiful concrete jungle called the campus. It just made me wonder if the caller had ever been to an Auburn game, and if he had, had he just sat in his hotel room? <_<

Guest Tigrinum Major

I heard the same caller. He was an idiot. People who say that Auburn isn't a great gameday experience are crazy or have never been there or that just don't "get Auburn". They can't understand what those of us who are Auburn men and women understand.

He was a caller on the finebaum show. Since when do any of his callers, UA or AU fans, make any sense?

183103[/snapback]

Much like the old Jerry Springer Show, those who most crave their 15 minutes in the spotlight are often the ones who look/sound the most ridiculous when they get it.

You guys would save yourself a lot of stress if you'd just NOT listen to that bald headed dweeb. I swore him off this season and do not, well almost never, er...only occasionally listen to that show. :big:

What a putz!

I was in South Alabama last week and stopped at a small country store/restaurant/gas station and there were several old men sitting at a table drinking coffee, talking and listening to the Finebaum show. Shane made his every day call and one of the old men said, “That boy is dumber than an idiot!” His comment received several headshakes in agreement. I just smiled in agreement as I left.

:big:

He was a caller on the finebaum show. Since when do any of his callers, UA or AU fans, make any sense?

183103[/snapback]

True. :au:

I was in South Alabama last week and stopped at a small country store/restaurant/gas station and there were several old men sitting at a table drinking coffee, talking and listening to the Finebaum show.  Shane made his every day call and one of the old men said, “That boy is dumber than an idiot!”  His comment received several headshakes in agreement.  I just smiled in agreement as I left.

183118[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol: The wisdom of elders! :thumbsup:

You guys would save yourself a lot of stress if you'd just NOT listen to that bald headed dweeb.  I swore him off this season and do not, well almost never, er...only occasionally listen to that show. :big:

What a putz!

183116[/snapback]

Excellent consult Esquire! Now we just have to wean you! :poke:

P. S. Have PT write you another check. Good Work.

You guys would save yourself a lot of stress if you'd just NOT listen to that bald headed dweeb.  I swore him off this season and do not, well almost never, er...only occasionally listen to that show. :big:

What a putz!

183116[/snapback]

Its all true but its like watching a car wreck, its horrible and you know you shouldnt do it, but you are compelled to :P

I will give Finebaum credit for being the best at inciting feuds between AU and bammer fans on a daily basis. I do enjoy his interviews though. Then there's Phyllis, the epitome of the BAMA nation. :blink:

I heard that same moronic call yesterday too...the guy said that the Iron Bowl was better when it was played at Legion Field because it was a neutral site. We've all heard that argument before, so I won't retread it here...but seriously, why the nostalgia for that place? If that were really such a great gameday atmosphere, how come you don't hear people singing the praises of the gameday experience for UAB's home games?

......the guy said that the Iron Bowl was better when it was played at Legion Field because it was a neutral site.  We've all heard that argument before, so I won't retread it here...but seriously, why the nostalgia for that place? 

183167[/snapback]

Simple, because they can't win in Tuscaloosa and have only won once in Auburn! :big:

Phyllis is to uat what Howard Dean is to the Dems. :D (Perfect Representation)

Guest Tigrinum Major
......the guy said that the Iron Bowl was better when it was played at Legion Field because it was a neutral site.  We've all heard that argument before, so I won't retread it here...but seriously, why the nostalgia for that place? 

183167[/snapback]

When the ticket split was 50-50, it was a great atmosphere. As long as you made it to your seat in the stadium and didn't move. Concessions and restroom facilities are pitiful. Pit ti ful. Awful. Hard to get to and always crowded.

The jackleg on Finebaum compared it to the UT-OU game, which is in the Cotton Bowl during the Texas State Fair. Compare that to the piece of crap that is Legion Field in the ghetto of Birmingham and the analogy quickly loses its validity.

The great atmosphere that everyone talks about was limited to the actual seating area of Legion Field and absolutely nothing else.

Phyllis is to uat what Howard Dean is to the Dems.  :D (Perfect Representation)

183172[/snapback]

That should be a SAT analogy question :big:

One caller called into Herb Winches yesterday and said that Brodie was better than Leinert.

hahahaha Crackheads always make for fun conversations :P

I've got a friendly competitor that I see every once in awhile and we talkk about AU...and he mentioned that he went to highschool with Shane that calls in on PF...and that Shane and several others are asked to call in and make ridiculous statements just to get ppl to call in and get things stirred up. I believe this and it's one of the main reasons I choose not to listen...

Simple, because they can't win in Tuscaloosa and have only won once in Auburn!  :big:

183169[/snapback]

Actually, we've won TWICE in Auburn.

1999 and 2001

183194[/snapback]

You are correct, I stand corrected. But looking at Bama's W - L record at Jordan Hare & at Bryant Denny, it is easy to see why many Bama fans would like to move the game back to Birmingham. But now that Legion Field is just a shell of it's past splendor, that can never happen. But if Birmingham ever gets the domed stadium they want, there will be a push for the game in B'ham again.

Never is a very long time, but, I do not believe that Auburn will EVER play another game in bamaham.

Why play in the armpit of the State when you can play in :au: HEAVEN? :)

Though BG is right, I have some problems with your post:

The lovely stinch

Confusing T-town with BR again?

The 9 out of 10 chance you might get robbed

Wth? What stats do you base this on? UA's campus is no more dangerous than AU's.

http://police.ua.edu/csr/stats.html

Concrete jungle called the campus.

183097[/snapback]

Have you been to Auburn lately? We seem to be enjoying a reign of concrete, concrete posts, and beautiful rebar with nuts wleded on top with a beautiful rope strung through to really set it all off all over campus. Whoever the heck is in charge of the beautification of AU's campus is screwing the pooch right now. There's hardly a piece of green anywhere that isn't interrupted by sidewalks or completely covered with concrete. If AU wants to keep using the phrase "loveliest village on the plains" then they need to start pulling up the polls and quit pouring concrete wherever they pull up pavers.

Archived