BOT Wants More Oversight

Proud Tiger

In an article in today's Huntsville Times, BOT member Earlon McWhorter says he wants the BOTs to have more oversight on university employees getting big raises, such as that given to TT after last year's 13-0 season. Now that is definitely a slap at Coach TT. And remember, this guy was on the plane to Louisville.

many of you think Lowder controls this bunch but I have expressing the opinion all along that McWhorter and Byron Franklin are the bad guys when it comes to trying to run TT off.

McWhorter doesn't get it. He wants to get back to meddling, just like SAC warned about last year.

That is exactly the same thing I was thinking when I read it in The Decatur Daily this morning. The BOTs did not like the idea of coach CTT getting a raise without them having a say in it. They can try to add "professors" to it all they want, but it is all about the raise that CTT got. Like you said, this is another slap in the face of CTT just like other recent happenings at :au: .

Dont they have enough oversight as it is? The fact that a couple of BOT members could fire our coach without due process is a bit scary.

In an article in today's Huntsville Times, BOT member Earlon McWhorter says he wants the BOTs to have more oversight on university employees getting big raises, such as that given to TT after last year's 13-0 season. Now that is definitely a slap at Coach TT. And remember, this guy was on the plane to Louisville.

many of you think Lowder controls this bunch but I have expressing the opinion all along that McWhorter and Byron Franklin are the bad guys when it comes to trying to run TT off.

McWhorter doesn't get it. He wants to get back to meddling, just like SAC warned about last year.

183102[/snapback]

Jeezz... At least smart puppermasters or puppetmaster wannabees are intelligent enough NOT TO TALK TO NEWSPAPERS ABOUT IT !! :blink:

[incidentally, by law, the BOT already has to approve everything in the budget, so what is he saying? Lesser adminstrators are breaking the law and misspending funds, or the BOT has been too lazy to actually look at the line-item budget before approving it in the past? :puke: ]

So much of a coaches salary comes from non-university sources such as TV and radio, endosrsements, etc. I know that the university negotiates the contracts with those sources but otherwise that money is not coming from university/state resources. Do they want control of that?

Bobby Lowder is once again up to his old tricks, he layed low and signed a few checks and now he is ready to be King Douchebag again.

Apparently they are gonna start something each and every time Auburn loses a football game.

I think the naming of the field was also intended by the BoT to be a slap against CTT.

If they really love AU, why do they continue this stuff?

Why didn't they just go ahead and name it "Petrino Field" and hire Petrino as our men's volleyball coach for $2M per year? That'd p*ss CTT off. [but it wouldn't stop his sizeable, regular bank deposits.]

Archived