Comparing?

vatz22au

I thought I'd just like to bring up the fact alot of people are comparing our performance with GTech with the way VTech handled them. Using this logic will almost always never succeed.

For example...South Carolina almost beat Georgia...Bama handled South Carolina very well. Does this mean Bama is better than Georgia? No it doesnt. Yes, Tech was killed...but for god's sake....I'd like to see how Cox does one week after having viral meningitus....Not making excuses for Tech here....just bringing that out in the open. A qb makes or breaks your team.

Regardless, I'd just like to state right here that this Auburn team that played Tech is totally different than the one right now. Say I am drinking the kool-aid, but I truly believe if we had played Tech this coming weekend...we would be on top with a big W. Fact is, we killed ourselves that game, we had a qb starting for the first time infront of a national tv audience, and our RBs were almost totally new to carrying the ball consistently all game.

Do I believe we will win every game here on out? I truly dont know...there are teams on our schedule that could very well handle us. Is it possible to beat every team on our schedule? I believe so...every team on our schedule so far has looked very beatable.

Thing that worries me is there seems to be little difference 1-8 in the SEC this year. It wouldn't shock me at all if #8 were to beat #1. We can beat bama, uga, and lswho. We can also lose to SC.

Thing that worries me is there seems to be little difference 1-8 in the SEC this year. It wouldn't shock me at all if #8 were to beat #1. We can beat bama, uga, and lswho. We can also lose to SC.

183769[/snapback]

I agree...no team in the SEC has looked like a powerhouse in my opinion, and thats exactly what gives me confidence, but also, a bad feeling (ya, talk about bi-polar :blink: ). Every team looks like they could be beaten, and that includes us.

Guest Tigrinum Major
but for god's sake....I'd like to see how Cox does one week after having viral meningitus....Not making excuses for Tech here....just bringing that out in the open.  A qb makes or breaks your team.

183759[/snapback]

I agree with most of your post, vatz, but last time I checked, Reggie Ball didn't play on defense. Or on the field goal protection team.

I don't think VT was 44 points better than GT. The defensive touchdowns skew the spread; but VT is definitely better than GT. I think it is correct that AU is better now than the first week of the season, but who really knows. The last two weeks worth of games do not tell us anything, except that we can be vastly inferior teams.. From here on out it should be about 3 games, LSU,GA an UA. I haven't seen enough of LSU to get a feel but GA and UA should be wins. We need to pull for TN tonight at LSU

but for god's sake....I'd like to see how Cox does one week after having viral meningitus....Not making excuses for Tech here....just bringing that out in the open.  A qb makes or breaks your team.

183759[/snapback]

I agree with most of your post, vatz, but last time I checked, Reggie Ball didn't play on defense. Or on the field goal protection team.

183831[/snapback]

He doesn't, but he did throw 2 costly INTs, in the third qtr both ran in for TD!! That has not been charateristic of Ball this year. They were down by 14 or 17 at that point, but after that, it was long out of reach of coming from behind. Va Tech looked very good Saturday!!!

Guest Tigrinum Major
He doesn't, but he did throw 2 costly INTs, in the third qtr both ran in for TD!!  That has not been charateristic of Ball this year. 

183861[/snapback]

But it has been very characteristic of Ball in the past.

Ball plays well against Auburn because he feels we slighted him during the recruiting process. Given the choice, I choose Cox as our QB over Ball anytime. But it has cost us twice in the past three years.

Ball plays well against Auburn because he feels we slighted him during the recruiting process.  Given the choice, I choose Cox as our QB over Ball anytime.  But it has cost us twice in the past three years.

183864[/snapback]

True, but seeing how inconsistent he has been, he would have probably cost us much more than 2 games if he'd been our quarterback.

Archived