No Love In The Harris Poll

moe

Wow! What an utter joke that Harris poll is. Michigan is ranked with 2 losses. They stink. They are like Ole Miss bad and they are still ranked. FSU #5? Miami #9?

I don't think this poll is as unbiased as say the Eufala Tribune's.

I wouldn't say Michigan is Ole Miss bad. They'd beat Ole Miss like a drum. Their losses are 17-10 to 13th ranked Notre Dame and 23-20 to 17th ranked Wisconsin and that one they lost in the final minute on the road. I wouldn't rank them with 2 losses myself, but I'd still have them Top 30.

The real joke is that Texas Tech is ranked at all. I don't care if you score 150 pts, when your schedule is Fla. International, Sam Houston St (D-1AA) and Indiana St. (D-1AA), you don't deserve to be ranked. Two 1-AA teams plus FIU? C'mon. But it's not just the Harris Poll. The AP and Coaches also have them ranked.

And the biggest jokes of all are in the "others receiving votes" section. Idaho, who is 0-4, got 4 votes. Bowling Green is 1-2, got blown out by Boise State 48-20 (and that was made closer by late garbage TDs against Boise's reserves) and got 5 votes. Boise State got no votes. Now, I'm not saying Boise deserved any, but if they don't get any, BG certainly doesn't deserve any either.

Archived