The Great Choke On The Bayou!!!

TigerinBham

How much do you guys think the two week layoff affected LSU?

184187[/snapback]

LSU players were clearly gassed at the end. Maybe they hadn't been focusing on conditioning enough.

By the way, anybody heard from LSUSCOTT !!!!!!!!!!  I didn't think so, don't imagine we'll see him running his mouth now for a little while!!

184186[/snapback]

I don't know if you are refering to me or not?? Not sure because I don't really "run my mouth" over here.....but if you are refering to me, I'M HERE!!! :D

But about the offense, you say it wasn't good all game. Yes if you look at the stats thats what you see, 256ys in a game sucks, but 200 of those came in the first half.....so the offense was there then, the remaining 56 came in the second half when the offense aparently was at the bar celebrating their 21-0 victory.

184187[/snapback]

LSU players were clearly gassed at the end. Maybe they hadn't been focusing on conditioning enough.

184192[/snapback]

Completely agree. Also LSU looked like they were really playing off emotion in the first half. In the second half they just looked spent.

:au:

By the way, anybody heard from LSUSCOTT !!!!!!!!!!  I didn't think so, don't imagine we'll see him running his mouth now for a little while!!

184186[/snapback]

But about the offense, you say it wasn't good all game. Yes if you look at the stats thats what you see, 256ys in a game sucks, but 200 of those came in the first half.....so the offense was there then, the remaining 56 came in the second half when the offense aparently was at the bar celebrating their 21-0 victory.

184195[/snapback]

Great observation, Bud. Funny! :big::big::big:

184187[/snapback]

184192[/snapback]

well i'm not sure what to blam it one....our players were cramping up like crazy. The defense was on the field almost the entire game (19 min in the first half) and probably about the same in the second.

Wow what a comeback by the Vols. Miles has a history of blowing big leads i.e. Okst/Texas last year, and you would think with all that talent at running back you could at least run some time off the clock and string some first downs together. That play by JR at the end of the first half not stopping the clock was huge, even Les said "You gotta be sh#tting me!", I laughed on that one. The crowd was flat most of the second half even Bob Davie noticed it but he didn't noticed that everybody else was pronouncing Clowsen's name correctly, get rid of him now ESPN.

Wow what a comeback by the Vols. Miles has a history of blowing big leads i.e. Okst/Texas last year, and you would think with all that talent at running back you could at least run some time off the clock and string some first downs together. That play by JR at the end of the first half not stopping the clock was huge, even Les said "You gotta be sh#tting me!", I laughed on that one. The crowd was flat most of the second half even Bob Davie noticed it but he didn't noticed that everybody else was pronouncing Clowsen's name correctly, get rid of him now ESPN.

184204[/snapback]

well when the have 8-9 people in the box and you don't throw the ball down field at all, its really hard to establish a running game against a great defense.

on the JR play at the end of the half, well, first off he should have just thrown the ball away or ran straight out of bounds. but since he didn't, he should have ran up to the line and spiked it. But in JR's defense, thats hard to do when you look up and the field goal unit is running out onto the field. Can you imagine that penalty ...ref: "Illegal participation on LSU, too many men on the field.....22 to be exact" :D

This one hurts and hurts bad. Poor coaching, very poor coaching. Plenty of poor decisions made by the coaching staff, all of which have been mentioned earlier in this thread. Thing about it, with LSU up 21-0 at half it never felt like any type of domination. It was more or less talent and luck, no coaching. I think Miles is our Ron Zook. I know I may be jumping the gun, and it is early and there have been plenty of distractions, but damn.

Good news for Auburn is that in my opinon the Iron Bowl will be for the west this year. I do not see us beating Auburn or Bama. And I am sick to think what Florida will do in Tiger Stadium.

Damn, I have not spent a Christmans in Shreveport since Dinardo.

LSU scored 2 defensive touchdowns. (INT for 6 and a fumble inside the redzone BOTH are credited to the D.)

There one sole drive for a TD had 90% of their yards gained on a "mickey mouse" Flea-flicker.

LSU's offense was detestible.

:puke::lsu:

If UT cuts down on their mental errors they are 3-0 right now.

In looking at the game again a few more thoughts.

You have to congratulate Clausen on his performance. He is really not a great QB but when you mix poor defensive philosophy with an accurate short passer that has 10 to 15 yard cushions you get done what happenned to LSU.

If i am coaching against Tenn after watching our game i put 10 in the box and force him to complete a pass longer than 8 yards and shut down their running game.

Even though they just got done whipping our ass i am not convinced that this is a good Tenn team. Mediocre offensive line and riggs got most of his yards on his own.

I give their defense credit but i came away feeling our coaching was more responsible for them looking so good.

This is a very talented LSU team that might be able to put themselves back on track . Maybe if we get to normal practice and game situations. Start to click on offense. Play with more discipline. And the gameday coaching improves we can still be a very tough team to beat.

If i am one of the SEC West competitors i am not sure which LSU team i am going to face.

We could go and blow out Miss St or we could go and lay another egg. Who knows.

I am not ready to throw this team under the bus. We do have some good players and i wouldnt be surprised to see us finish 9-2.

I feel like Auburn has the most favorable schedule and even if LSU beats Auburn i am not confident this team beats Florida so we get 2 SEC losses.

That means we need another SEC loss for Auburn in order to win the West assuming we also beat Alabama and the rest.

I am surprised at myself still being able to look at our season with LSU rose colored glasses . Life goes on. I know you guys felt the same after Georgia Tech and recovered .

Would still like to see ASU beat USC. Throw in a Texas loss at OU and its all up for grabs again.

Damn this loss stings. I dont mind losing if i feel everyone gave it their all and played smart and just got outplayed.

We won at ASU when we should have lost. We lost Tenn when we should have won. Football is going to be the death of me yet.

My wife was so worried about me after the game she was actually nice to me.

Go figure. I would rather LSU win and have her treat me normal.

She thinks that i take my football too serious. She really doesnt have a clue being from California. The only thing they take serious out here is there liberal politics.

My wife was so worried about me after the game she was actually nice to me. 

184266[/snapback]

For some reason, that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

Question for LSU folks. Not a flame. What is the deal with the secondary and the seemingly blown coverages? I watched both the ASU and the UcheaT games and I've rarely seen a secondary that left that many receivers totally uncovered. Several times, there would be three wides and one of the DBs would leave on a blitz or just fake a blitz and leave the receiver all to himself.

Didn't Miles retain the same DC or is this confusion with a new system? Right now, coaching is the one and only problem I see. The talent is obviously sick at LSU but all the talent in the world doesn't help if you're running the wrong way.

Question for LSU folks.  Not a flame.  What is the deal with the secondary and the seemingly blown coverages?  I watched both the ASU and the UcheaT games and I've rarely seen a secondary that left that many receivers totally uncovered.  Several times, there would be three wides and one of the DBs would leave on a blitz or just fake a blitz and leave the receiver all to himself. 

Didn't Miles retain the same DC or is this confusion with a new system?  Right now, coaching is the one and only problem I see.  The talent is obviously sick at LSU but all the talent in the world doesn't help if you're running the wrong way.

184293[/snapback]

no we have a new DC, thats the problem.....Bo Pelini (DC) likes to play the stupid 4 man rush and zone defense with the DB's 10-15yds off the line. Our DB's are not used to that, thats why they look lost out there. When we do blitz its so obvious where ist coming from and the QB will just check off and find the hole. Our DB's look lost out there, they need and want to play man to man, thats the kinda players they are......Saban recruited them and molded them to fit his system and now they are lost.

no we have a new DC, thats the problem.....Bo Pelini (DC) likes to play the stupid 4 man rush and zone defense with the DB's 10-15yds off the line. Our DB's are not used to that, thats why they look lost out there. When we do blitz its so obvious where ist coming from and the QB will just check off and find the hole. Our DB's look lost out there, they need and want to play man to man, thats the kinda players they are......Saban recruited them and molded them to fit his system and now they are lost.

184315[/snapback]

from what I've seen of lsu the first two games, that seems to be a pretty accurate defensive assessment.

Archived