The Great Choke On The Bayou!!!

TigerinBham

Miles goes conservative in the second half and Pellini's defense falls apart in the passing game in the second half and had alot of holes that UT missed in the first half. It costs Miles the win. Seems some LSU fans didn't think I know what I was talking about with Miles earlier this year...... just proved what I said.

And yes, the missed holding call was bad in the OT, but LSU got away with one in OT also.

We have now got a chance to make it 4 in a row against the vols if we make to ATL.

LSWHO?

184074[/snapback]

I'm sure the Gators and the Dawgs (and dare I say... the Dores?) will have something to say about that.

Even with the incredible emotion of tonight's win, I'm sure if Vol fans had to pick wins, they'd trade this one for a win over Florida. Tennessee is essentially 2 games back of Florida.

The WCI (Windpipe Closure Index) in the LSU coaching staff was off the charts in the 4th quarter, Fisher especially.

all i could think tonight was simply:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! LES MILES IS NO NICK SABAN.

that is all. never in 100 tries would this have happened to saban.

You guys are right.

Our coaching was terrible. Very conservative offense and lack of confidence in the players.

Our offense basically has alot of talent but has a QB that makes bad decesions alot of the time.

Great first half defense and then reverted to ASU defensive scheme. Should have been playing bump and run and take away the short passing game and make clausen beat us deep.

I think the SEC West is up for grabs right now .

LSU, Auburn, and Alabama all can earn it.

It was a very strange game emotion wise for LSU people. It seemed the crowd ran out of gas at halftime just like the players. Maybe they were too high for the game and just spent. No spark left like they had at ASU game.

OH Well Win some lose some.

I would rather have won that game than Auburn game this year. I lost alot of respect for the way Tenn handled before the game issues.

Gonna be a short week and think that is a blessing .

Miss St and hope we can recover

Calco, I agree with you...Clausen is experienced and is a better reader of defenses than Ainge is right now, but he doesn't have much arm strength. He was eating y'all alive on those quick outs. Maybe Pelini was afraid of getting burned deep, especially after a couple of busted coverages, but going vertical isn't what Tennessee is going to do with Clausen in there.

Also not to be overlooked was the time of possession. Even though y'all throttled Tennessee in the first half, your defense spent a LOT of time on the field. One of your TDs came on a one-play possession and another was a defensive score. Y'all had very little in the way of sustained offense and that contributed to the fatigue your defense showed late.

That's got to be a tough one to take...you're very gracious in defeat.

Les Miles got a pretty drastic introduction to the SEC. You could see the momentum of the game shifting toward :ut: by just looking at Miles' face.

Man I wish fat Phil would have played Clausen at the :uf: game.

It was a very strange game emotion wise for LSU people.  It seemed the crowd ran out of gas at halftime just like the players.  Maybe they were too high for the game and just spent. 

184113[/snapback]

Gotta add my "dittoes" to all the others on the graciousness of your post.

As for the crowd fading...maybe since it was Monday and many of them had to work the next morning, they stopped their consumption of "fuel" around halftime. :D I know I fade a lot faster after getting buzzed and suddenly stopping than if I continue drinking or never start.

We have now got a chance to make it 4 in a row against the vols if we make to ATL.

LSWHO?

184074[/snapback]

I'm sure the Gators and the Dawgs (and dare I say... the Dores?) will have something to say about that.

184083[/snapback]

Yup...I picked the Gators in the East, at the beginning of the year...and I'll stick with them till they prove me wrong....

:au::homer:

did anyone see miles trying to call a timeout after clausen threw the interception with 20-some seconds remaining the 4th quarter? you could see the assistant coach running up to him and telling him that the clock stops on change of possession. I can't imagine a high school coach making that mistake, much less a high profile college coach.

:lsu: really let that win slip away.

:au:

I can't recall ever seeing a more stunned crowd at a football game.

184166[/snapback]

I think LSU's shocker in Lexington would qualify, the look on the student's face on the field was priceless.

did anyone see miles trying to call a timeout after clausen threw the interception with 20-some seconds remaining the 4th quarter? you could see the assistant coach running up to him and telling him that the clock stops on change of possession. I can't imagine a high school coach making that mistake, much less a high profile college coach.

:lsu: really let that win slip away.

:au:

184171[/snapback]

another slip was at the end of the first half when Russell made a bad decision to run with the ball and was tackled in bounds.....we had plenty of time to spike the ball and bring on the kicking team, but after Russell went down half of the coaching staff was saying "spike the ball" the other half was running the field goal unit out.

this loss is solely blamed on the coaching staff.

We try to establish the running game but never threw the ball down field. With the talent we have at WR we need to go down field and that will open up the running geme...........PISS POOR PLAY CALLING AND COACHING...

And like someone said on TF.com......There is a reason Saban took just about everyone to Miami exept for Jimbo Fisher.

I said LSU would win by 2 scores. I thought UcheaT was way overrated and LSU's defense was far better than they showed against ASU.

At the end of the first half, I was kicked back thinking, "NEVER doubt the Esquire's predictions." :no:

Oh well, wrong again. :lol:

A few observations. LSU is very talented but very poorly coached at this stage of the season. Poor play calling, clock management and just awful secondary play. And UcheaT is playing very well defensively right now. They were dominating by the end of the game. I also think a ton of credit should go to UcheaT's offensive line in the second half. They gave Clowsen(as Bob Davie called him all night) all the time in the world to throw in the 2nd half.

Note to LSU fans, that has got to hurt and I feel your pain.

The season is young, there is time to gt over this and Coach Miles has a six year contract. He has plenty of time to get his system in.

Watching the game, LSU proved to be the more talented team. The halftime score shows that. However, I was stunned to see how conservative they became in the second half. The coaches never seemed to be reacting to UT's sudden emotion and drive to win the game. They pulled it off, but they shouldn't have.

Hopefully, Miles will realize he is now in the SEC. Every game counts and no opponent can be overlooked.

When they showed Miles on the sideline, I couldn't help but think about Shula last year and that deer in the headlights look. After the game he said "this team is going to remember this game for a long time. I have a feeling the coaches are going to remember it longer than the team. :byebye:

I could not believe how many passes were dropped by both sides, including defensive players. For all of the talent they are supposed to have, somebody ought to be able to catch a football.

LSU pretty much had no offensive production the entire game. According to Sportsline UT v. LSU game stats

LSU had 98 yards rushing and 158 passing. Against ASU, their offense didn't come to life until the fourth qtr. UT finally showed some O scoring more in this game than in the previous two games combined. UT had handed the game to LSU in the first half with 3 turnovers resulting in 14 points. LSU was attacking defensively the first half, but not so much the second half. Were they tired?? coaching changes?? I don't know, but LSU blew it.

By the way, anybody heard from LSUSCOTT !!!!!!!!!! I didn't think so, don't imagine we'll see him running his mouth now for a little while!!

Archived