So The Iron Bowl Will Be Huge!

AUHansel

The west is all messed up for LSU now. They cannot lose to Bama or Auburn this year or no Atlanta for them. Also, they still have to play UF before they take on either of the teams from our state. Basically that makes the Iron Bowl all kinds of huge! That game could be the SEC West Championship game. I can't believe that LSU let that game slip away, but UT's defense did the job in the second half(along with their offense) while LSU's did not. WAR EAGLE and let's go win the WEST!

Guest Tigrinum Major

Lots of football to be played between now and November 19th. Don't get too hyped up yet. You'll peak too early and be burned out by Iron Bowl weekend.

LSU is wounded right now. I expect them to rebound. Bama is still an unknown. We are improving. Should be a fun, fun season.

The west is all messed up for LSU now. They cannot lose to Bama or Auburn this year or no Atlanta for them. Also, they still have to play UF before they take on either of the teams from our state. Basically that makes the Iron Bowl all kinds of huge! That game could be the SEC West Championship game. I can't believe that LSU let that game slip away, but UT's defense did the job in the second half(along with their offense) while LSU's did not. WAR EAGLE and let's go win the WEST!

184120[/snapback]

SEC West ends oct 22nd. LSU will lose to AU that night and Bama will have lost to UF and will drop to UT on the 22nd. AU will have a 2 or 3 game lead on LSU and a 2 game lead on bama. put down the crack pipe, bama is going nowhere.

184120[/snapback]

SEC West ends oct 22nd. LSU will lose to AU that night and Bama will have lost to UF and will drop to UT on the 22nd. AU will have a 2 or 3 game lead on LSU and a 2 game lead on bama. put down the crack pipe, bama is going nowhere.

184130[/snapback]

Here is hoping you are right!

:uf: : ; :ut: ; :lsu: ; & :au: ? Still can't see Bama winning at least three of those, which is what it'll take for them to get to Atlanta, because either LSU or AU will have the tie-breaker over them otherwise. (At least IMHO)

Auburn clinches SEC West Nov 12. at UGA. Not because of a win, but because of Alabama's third loss in the SEC to LSU that day.

(Actually, Bama could get past Florida this weekend. Especially if they get some turnovers. I am not sold on Florida's office in the SEC.)

If Alabama does get past Florida. Then the winner of the Iron Bowl goes to Atlanta. JH will be rockin!

Wow someone else thinks Alabama might win the West? Dang, watch out - I almost got shot mentioning those words.

Wow, someone said the SEC West could come down to the Iron Bowl... wow, those words seem familiar

But if Auburn beats LSU and UA has 2 losses on Oct 22nd, the SEC West is still up for grabs. Auburn would have to still defeat UGA or UA, otherwise dropping both would mean no Atlanta. We'll see how it pans out. Let's beat USC first.

Wow someone else thinks Alabama might win the West? Dang, watch out - I almost got shot mentioning those words.

Wow, someone said the SEC West could come down to the Iron Bowl... wow, those words seem familiar

But if Auburn beats LSU and UA has 2 losses on Oct 22nd, the SEC West is still up for grabs. Auburn would have to still defeat UGA or UA, otherwise dropping both would mean no Atlanta. We'll see how it pans out. Let's beat USC first.

184261[/snapback]

NO MATTER WHAT (Badfinger)...the SEC West will NOT come down to the Iron Bowl....

:au::homer:

I'm half-rooting for Bama the rest of the way - I would love to see a 10-0 Bama team come to JHS against 9-1 Auburn, only to see Auburn blow them out to win the West.

184292[/snapback]

Personally, I want Bama to do just well enough to keep Shula hanging around for another 2-3 years without ever pulling them up to prime time level. ...Then another round of "Who Wants to Coach for Bama?", followed by another mediocre 5th/6th/7th choice and more hits to their recruiting.

B):big:

Archived