Random Thoughts On Ut @ Lsu

DKW 86

1) Les Miles looked clueless at points.

2) :lsu: loss put us in #1 in SECW with Bama.

3) One more :lsu: loss and the game/SEC or is over.

4) Bama fans were deeply upset when :ut: wins.

Be Back Soon.

Miles is going to have to adjust to the conference and get used to the fact that he is now the hunted rather than the hunter. He can't have bad games, he is going to have to be prepared, and he can't pull the string on Jimbo as quicky as he has a tendency to do. He will get stubborn with his run game and go straight up the middle.

LSU has a ton of talent, and Miles did look lost tonight. One he tried to call time-out after the turnover, and second why didn't he have Russell spike the ball rather than trying to run the FG team out (I think it was 3rd down, can't remember). Even if the clock runs out they would have come closer with the spike play than rushing the FG unit on the field.

Pelini is not as great a DC as some people want to make him out to be. His 03 Nebraska defense struggled with quality offenses (Texas, Kansas St, Missouri) and had mid 30's to 40's hung on them. His defense that he was associated with at Oklahoma got torched last season through the air, with the exception of Texas (who have OC issues when it comes to OU). LSU this year got tagged for what 480 yards passing or something against ASU (lets be honest, Saban would have killed that ASU QB and one dimensional attack), and then tonight Tenn passed all over them in the second half, and could have done it in the first if Ainge could connect or recievers hung on to the ball.

I want to contribute some of what happened to the experience that the people of LA are going through, but a ton of what happened tonight looked like classic Les Miles choking from his Ok State games.

With the talent they have they are nowhere near out of the hunt of the conference though.

Welcome to the SEC Mr. Miles. He looked like a deer in the head lights.

I wonder if he ever got booed for play calls at Washington St.(or wherever he came from)

Archived